• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your thoughts please

The Hutch Man

Warren Scout
Hello everyone.
As you all know my hutch building has really started to take off now and i'm almost organised and settled in to my new workshop.

I would like your valuable opinions on my new double hutch, i have had a lot of interest in this double unit and sold some too.
The dimensions are: 6ft wide with each hutch being 2ft x2ft and it stands on 3 inch legs.

I will be looking to retail it at £260 and this will include a two man UK mainland delivery to anywhere you want it placed at your home.
As you all know my hutches are not cheap thin wood and will last for years and years to come so yes they are a investment.
No flat pack you have to build yourself just a solid ready made hutch.

Would you buy one of these?
What are your thoughts?

I would :thumb: In fact I'd buy one right now if I had any money :lol:

Can you join them both with a ramp or are they completely separate?

I would :thumb: In fact I'd buy one right now if I had any money :lol:

Can you join them both with a ramp or are they completely separate?

Hi they are separate hutches but i have just made one for a lady with a hole in the floor with a fixed ramp for an extra £25
So the rabbit can go up and down.

I definitely would. I got ones from Ryedale that were similar but three story (and linked) and they cost £450 each!!!

I definitely think it's excellent value for the money.

For me, personally would I buy one - the only disadvantage for MY circumstances is that it isn't flat packed! I currently need to shift around 2 hutches of that size and they are a dead weight, they won't pass each other to go where I need to move them to, I've worked out that physically the best option for me (female having to do the dragging around of hutches myself) is to dismantle the hutch and re-assemble it to move it.

I made a very sturdy 5x3 foot hutch myself and it's a dead weight. I can't move it anywhere, I'm having to plan everything else around it. So for me now, it would be quite a big issue that I couldn't dismantle them to move them.

As a general comment as to demand/price/quality etc - it's brilliant and I'm sure it will be very popular.

For me, personally would I buy one - the only disadvantage for MY circumstances is that it isn't flat packed! I currently need to shift around 2 hutches of that size and they are a dead weight, they won't pass each other to go where I need to move them to, I've worked out that physically the best option for me (female having to do the dragging around of hutches myself) is to dismantle the hutch and re-assemble it to move it.

I made a very sturdy 5x3 foot hutch myself and it's a dead weight. I can't move it anywhere, I'm having to plan everything else around it. So for me now, it would be quite a big issue that I couldn't dismantle them to move them.

As a general comment as to demand/price/quality etc - it's brilliant and I'm sure it will be very popular.
Thank you for your feedback.
The delivery would include the hutch carried by two men to exactly where you want it.
But I see your point.

Last edited:
I think it's great but would definitely want it as a single hutch, and if I were buying it I'd also want bolts at the bottom as well as the top of the doors.

Thank you for your feedback.
The delivery would include the hutch carried by two me to exactly where you want it.
But I see your point.

I think probably for most people it wouldn't be an issue and once in situ it would be okay so I think assembled would be an advantage for most people... but there's always one, isn't there?:lol:

I think it's great but would definitely want it as a single hutch, and if I were buying it I'd also want bolts at the bottom as well as the top of the doors.
Hi regarding the bolts, thats no problem at all.
I can do a single 6ft x 2ft x2ft on 15" legs delivered for £199

Just an idea and not sure how many people would be interested but it wasn't always possible for me to have an attached run and with it being my parents garden they didn't want a big pile of wood taking up their garden. The solution was to find a folding run which also was massive, the only ones I could find were general 5x5ft. I reckon if you could do an 8x8ft (or even larger) folding run (with a roof) that might get a lot of interest.

I don't have rabbits anymore but I looked for years and never found anything suitable. :wave:

Just an idea and not sure how many people would be interested but it wasn't always possible for me to have an attached run and with it being my parents garden they didn't want a big pile of wood taking up their garden. The solution was to find a folding run which also was massive, the only ones I could find were general 5x5ft. I reckon if you could do an 8x8ft (or even larger) folding run (with a roof) that might get a lot of interest.

I don't have rabbits anymore but I looked for years and never found anything suitable. :wave:

Hi I do make a 6ft x2ft x2ft hutch with an attached 6ft x 6ft folding run that's also 2ft high.
It's all one unit and the run can be pulled in and out.

Hi I do make a 6ft x2ft x2ft hutch with an attached 6ft x 6ft folding run that's also 2ft high.
It's all one unit and the run can be pulled in and out.

I think if you could offer something bigger there may be a market, especially for younger rabbit owners whose parents have set views on how to look after a rabbit. I know my parents were very much "a hutch is enough" and when I told them I wanted the 6x2x2 triple hutches they nearly fell off their stools.

My dads point of view was he didn't mind me having a large run but not ALL the time. A 6x6ft really isn't that big for a bunny to get up maximum speed and fully binky so that's why I'm suggesting something larger.

Feel free to ignore me :wave:

I think if you could offer something bigger there may be a market, especially for younger rabbit owners whose parents have set views on how to look after a rabbit. I know my parents were very much "a hutch is enough" and when I told them I wanted the 6x2x2 triple hutches they nearly fell off their stools.

My dads point of view was he didn't mind me having a large run but not ALL the time. A 6x6ft really isn't that big for a bunny to get up maximum speed and fully binky so that's why I'm suggesting something larger.

Feel free to ignore me :wave:

Hi no problem this is how I learn.
I can make a run any size it's now problem.

Considering how many people pay a fortune for tiny hutches or those chicken coop things, I think something that nice at that price is very very good value, especially delivered.

Hi regarding the bolts, thats no problem at all.
I can do a single 6ft x 2ft x2ft on 15" legs delivered for £199

When I said I'd want it as a single I mean both levels as one with a ramp, not two hutches. I'm not actually in the market for a hutch though, I have 2 sheds and am just selling my 6ft hutch!

The solution was to find a folding run which also was massive, the only ones I could find were general 5x5ft. I reckon if you could do an 8x8ft (or even larger) folding run (with a roof) that might get a lot of interest.

I suspect the reason you never found one is because it would be impossible to make! At 8x8 or similar, it might be possible to fold it but it would be far too heavy to move, and as soon as you tried to move it, you'd end up splitting the wood or breaking the fixings on the folding hinges. I reckon the only way you could do it on that size would be to have it put together in a way that means you can easily dismantle it between uses, potentially by quick release clips but then that would risk making the run itself less safe.

Bunny Buddy if you still need to shift these, or need to move them again in the future and want a hand I'd be happy to come over and help!

OP the hutches look lovely and I agree with the others that they appear very good value compared to others I've seen, especially including delivery too.

Back