• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

your first bunny?

I got my first bun aged 2 although it obviously not me responsible for looking after her. She was a REW and we adored each other. She went to the bridge when I was 9 so she was about 7 years old. I didnt have another bun until we got Peter 3 years ago. Now we have 5 and are waiting on a 6th to arrive once she is spayed.

My sister and me shared Snowball and Choc Ice.(Bunny and GP).
I was very small...my sister 2 and a half yrs older than me.
Then we got Benjy and then Lizken.

We got Coffee who had one eye from someone who didnt want him..but it was stormy one night and the fence blew down.he was dead the next morning.Fright I thought.(I was about 30)

Two yrs ago Mrs Bun (formerly Lucky) came to stay...and Ive now got BB,Lily and Roland.

i had button a nethie when i was 12, he lived to be 10. I think i am guilty about his care as i often have dreams about him being with my two bunnies. i am spoiling my bunnies now to make up for what button didn't have. poor button i wish i knew more then :(

got him from a little pet shop when i went in to get hamster food. We actually came out with a kitten and a rabbit! he could fit in my palm and we didn't have a hutch. He lived in a box for 2 days until my mum's bf built him a hutch and he hated that hutch! it was quite big, must have been atleast 5x2 but he was always desperately trying to get out. My Christmas present that year was a nice new hutch for him and he was a pain to get out of that. He used to have a lot of outside hutch time in the garden and the house until my mum got a dog that was a bit nasty to the cats and we didn't trust her with Button so he didn't get much play time after that. :(

Marley, a black netherland dwarf.
He came from a pet shop :oops: and lived in a 3ft 2 tier hutch before i discovered RU! :(

Now he lives in a nice big 6ft 2 tier hutch with Dolly! :D
Has a 6x4 run and free ranges round the house when possible.
Hes the best rabbit ive ever known, never had an ounce of aggression from him, he sits and grooms you and has snuggles when im ill! :love::love::love:

My first bun was a black and white dutch called Mischief, I was about 8 when we got her and I absolutely adored her, she was such a placid little bun ...she'd sit licking me all the time!!

She lived in a hutch that dad built (prob about 5ft x 2ft) with her friend Toyah - a long haired piggie (we were told at the time that they'd make good companions) and they used to free range in the garden whenever it wasn't raining!!

Mischief was about 6 when she died, she had something wrong with her kidneys and stopped eating ... I sat for hours trying to tempt her with different things to eat. :cry:

My first buns were called Leo & Lisa, I got them when I was 2. Leo was a chinchilla lop, and Lisa was a sandy coloured lop. Then they bred and had Thumper when I was about 5, and Thumper came out totally black :?

They all lived till they were about 9 years old.

Then I got Smudge (grey butterfly lop) when I was 18, she died aged 2, Poppet (black self lionhead) I got when I was 19, she's still with us giving endless bunny love. Barney (broken grey magpie) lived till he was 2 and a half, who sadly died 3 weeks ago :cry: and Jasmine (sable point lionhead cashmere cross) is our latest addition and is 8 weeks old :)

Ebony!
got him as a babe almost 3 years ago now...he is a suspected Papp cross.
He is my darling and I love him very much:love:

My first bunny was a grey and white dutch initially called Chloe... until (I was only 11!!!) I thought Chloe had worms... turned out to be a penis and so Chloe became Toby.

Didn't live long, contracted a horrible disease and had to be put to sleep :cry:

xx

What a nice thread:love:
My first bunny was Pippa, my late father found her in field, she was a REW, very tame, I used to take her a walk on a lead. Can't remember how old she was when she died, or what she died of, it's such a verrrrrry looooong time ago (shows her great age):lol:

Truffle and Fudge (Nethies) are my first bunnies ever - 'fraid to say they are from P@H, as I didn't know about rescues. Had them about 18 months now, but totally in love with them still :)

Back