• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

you know what, i just cant look at it or accept he has gone

is it awful of me to feel so like i dont want to go on

i will of course, i have to

i will not let my other rabbits down they are the most important beings in the world and i love all of them

but all i want to do is go to sleep and never wake up

i have not felt this bad for years

no its not awful of you.
You lost a good friend, it's going to affect you strongly.
Take it day by day, some are good some are bad.
He's always going to be there though watching after you.
like looking after you after you looked after him.
xxxxxx

so sorry for how you're feeling Jane. Its a measure of how much you loved him. You and Lydia will get each other through this. Hang on in there.

Of course it isn't awful, you can't help how you feel :( but like you said, you have to keep going for your other bunsters, and I'm sure they will all do things that will make you crack a smile now and again, and gradually help you to feel a little less despairing :(. In the meantime we are all here for you to share your thoughts with and try to offer a little support and comfort. I am thinking of you often. Sending love and hugs xxx

Whatever you're feeling is fine and ok. Judging how you feel, and mentally beating yourself up for feeling that way will make you feel worse and you definitely don't need to feel worse. Try and be kind to yourself and accept it's ok to feel whatever you're feeling.

Oh Jane :(

(((hugs)))

You are describing exactly how I feel about the death of my best friend :cry:

It's always the loss of a larger than life character that knocks us off our feet

Thinking of you

Xxx

Having just got home after saying goodbye to my gorgeous old man Dylan, I think I can understand a tiny bit of how you are feeling - it's horrendous but I, too, have my other buns and fur family to care for. I want to just go to bed and sleep but the indoor buns all need cleaning.

Thinking of you Jane and sending you gentle hugs xxxx

i think i could start to come to terms with losing him if he had been very old and/or had longstanding health problems

or even if he were a dental rabbit and passed under ga

but a hemangiosarcoma.............

never in a million years did i expect something like that

why victor, just why

i feel so ill from this unrelenting grief it gets worse by the day

:cry:

Jane,

There really was NOTHING else that either you or your wonderful vets could have done any differently that would have made any difference for poor Sir Victor. He had a wonderful life with you and is being sorely missed, which is his ultimate tribute. Please stop beating yourself up about it. Sadly,there are no 'what ifs' in this case.

Having lost a precious bun at FHBs over the weekend, I share some of your sorrow and also have a huge hole in my life. Big hugs to you and all your buns.

Are you finding that seeing Lady Lydia's grief exacerbates your own, Jane?

I know that I struggle much more when I see how sad Molly is. I feel so helpless seeing her all alone in the spot where Dylan used to lie. I just want to make her all better and I know I can't:cry:

Thinking of you and Lady Lydia and sending you both a gentle hug xxxxxx

Why am I just not coping :cry:

I cannot accept what happened

No need for anyone to respond, just have to express how wretched I feel as it is killing me

:cry:

4c163c25.jpg

Perhaps Victor's passing has stirred up something more personal for you Jane that will take a bit longer to grieve for. Big hugs xx

You are coping, Jane, because you are getting up each day and somehow carrying on with life, even if you don't want to. You're still so raw from losing him and it is far too soon to even be able to think about Sir Victor without that searing pain ripping through you. I think the death of a beloved pet is worse sometimes than losing a person - people let you down and animals never do. I often think about Sir Victor - I don't know you personally and I didn't know him, but from your posts and photos of him, he was an 'extra special' bunny. All you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other, day by day, and somehow you will eventually see a light at the end of the very dark tunnel you are currently in. I honestly believe that grief gets far worse before it starts to get better, but you will get there, slowly. We are all thinking of you on RU and we all care. Sending you virtual hugs and thinking of you. ((((())))) xxx

Back