• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay!!!!!! =-]

No one is denying anyones opinions, but things get heated very easily.

I personally agree that it is too small for rabbits, but as there is no rabbit in there, i don't feel it should have been brought into the conversation. I haven't read the whole thread so Ry could be intending on puttin rabbits in there, so i could see your point then.

the point of my ramblings is please think about what you say everyone and remember, everyones opinion counts.

Theere are two posts of his that state Ry had rabbits in there - perhaps a quick glance over a thread you're wanting to contribute to would be better than questioning Lily's opinion without knowing the whole story :?

thanks they are not going to stay there permently and mum wnats to buy aother run and attach it to that one so that should be intresting and dont worry if it happens no one will have to see it :wave:

IF you are going to improve it then great let us see!! :)

im glad they now have a run it looks good for the piggies would be fantastic if you can attatch more space and maybe get a few more?! i know its all very expensive and im pleased to see positive improvements for them all. what is the size of the hutch so i can guess roughy the dimensions of it? would say for the buns when you get a bigger run(said your mum wanted ot do something bigger at a later stage) then try and get her to go for a 6ftx6ft x3ft tall run per pair of buns...so the more you have the more space to add on.... and yuo could try bunny proofing the garden and letting them out for a few hours free range? that could be fun? anyhows its nice to see them all out of hutches and being given a run. x

im glad they now have a run it looks good for the piggies would be fantastic if you can attatch more space and maybe get a few more?! i know its all very expensive and im pleased to see positive improvements for them all. what is the size of the hutch so i can guess roughy the dimensions of it? would say for the buns when you get a bigger run(said your mum wanted ot do something bigger at a later stage) then try and get her to go for a 6ftx6ft x3ft tall run per pair of buns...so the more you have the more space to add on.... and yuo could try bunny proofing the garden and letting them out for a few hours free range? that could be fun? anyhows its nice to see them all out of hutches and being given a run. x

thats what mum wnats to do buy another and combine them and dad said yes to getting a play shed for the naimals took him long enough to deside :roll::lol:

When i first joined his forum i had a rabbit and guinea pig living in a 4 ft hutch and a 5ft run that they went into in the summer.
I have learnt SOOO much from this forum, got 2 rescue animals... now i have 2 rabbits living in a 12.5ftx6.5ft dog kenel and 2 guinea pigs living in a 6ft hutch with attatched 6ft run combo.
I've learnt alot about well being as well. Mine were never filthy / never had their vaccs though.
Also i didn't breed. Never have, never will.
Please listen Ryan.

My Eclipse has that hutch for sleeping in at night :) goes in a 7ft run during the day though. He still does binkys in his hutch :lol: I do find those hutches hard to clean out down stairs though.

Lily I couldn't agree more and why? Because helping at a rescue I see rabbits that have been confined in small spaces and how their muscles have wasted and how their behaviour has been affected.

The frustrating thing is that advice has been given constantly and in the begining it was very nicely worded yet still ignored or rudely passed off as nit picking. There comes a certain amount of frustration because alot of people on here help at rescue or have rescued rabbits/pets and read things on here posted that we are all trying really hard to abolish.

Everyday its like a fresh slap in the face. The mountain to climb to re-educate people is huge and when you constantly see that advice being thrown by the way side because people are too lazy or obnoixous to take that advice on board. At the end of the day the animals suffer.

A wild rabbit will roam acres of space and whilst most people cannot provided that space they try their very best to give them as much room as possible. My rabbits have the entire garden to roam daily and 24 hour access to a large hutch and run yet the comment I get from this person is that my garden looks small!! unbelivable!

Lily I couldn't agree more and why? Because helping at a rescue I see rabbits that have been confined in small spaces and how their muscles have wasted and how their behaviour has been affected.

The frustrating thing is that advice has been given constantly and in the begining it was very nicely worded yet still ignored or rudely passed off as nit picking. There comes a certain amount of frustration because alot of people on here help at rescue or have rescued rabbits/pets and read things on here posted that we are all trying really hard to abolish.

Everyday its like a fresh slap in the face. The mountain to climb to re-educate people is huge and when you constantly see that advice being thrown by the way side because people are too lazy or obnoixous to take that advice on board. At the end of the day the animals suffer.

A wild rabbit will roam acres of space and whilst most people cannot provided that space they try their very best to give them as much room as possible. My rabbits have the entire garden to roam daily and 24 hour access to a large hutch and run yet the comment I get from this person is that my garden looks small!! unbelivable!

well, in comparison to mine, Kay... :lol:

This post is spot on, the only comments that are picked up on are the ones they want to listen to, anything else is just ignored. :roll:

I was just going to reply to agree with this when I saw this: -

This post is spot on, the only comments that are picked up on are the ones they want to listen to, anything else is just ignored. :roll:

Both of you are totally right - it's only the people that want to learn and provide the best for their pets that will do - everybody else already knows what's best :roll:

Back