• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you..

Would you..

• Have loads of rabbits in the minimum housing?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Have limited rabbits with excellent setups?

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Other.. Please say

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I should put all but a couple of mine on RR then

I don't think there's anything wrong with your setups. They're not gigantic, but they're still good. All your bunnies are obviously healthy and happy which proves you're doing nothing wrong :) You can tell from every single one of your photos how happy and loved your rabbits are.

Um wouldn't the first option be a hoarder?

Not necessarily. A hoarder to me is somebody who takes on more animals than they can afford to keep or more animals than they have time to care for.

It's perfectly possible for somebody to have lots of bunnies and for them all to still have all their needs met.

I no mine at the mo have far from adiquet housing! they have enought room but not masive ammonth, tho I am working on improving this just takes alonnggg time!! almost 2 years atm!

Not necessarily. A hoarder to me is somebody who takes on more animals than they can afford to keep or more animals than they have time to care for.

It's perfectly possible for somebody to have lots of bunnies and for them all to still have all their needs met.

Exactly.

Sometimes people confuse those who have more pets than they can adequately care for with someone who has a lot of pets :? There is a huge difference, obviously.

Perhaps I should put all but a couple of mine on RR then

is it wrong that i keep refreshing the RR page :oops: :lol:

Jane you have given your whole house to them bunnies of yours, you cant possibly think this thread is any way aimed at you????

surely the limited space means bunnies in 3 foot hutches all crammed into a tiny garden/room, not a whole house dedicated to the little monsters :wave:

Jane you have given your whole house to them bunnies of yours, you cant possibly think this thread is any way aimed at you????

surely the limited space means bunnies in 3 foot hutches all crammed into a tiny garden/room, not a whole house dedicated to the little monsters :wave:

Just seems more than a coincidence that this thread has been started a few hours after I started this one

See post 15 on here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296708

I assumed the OP meant minimum RWA and RSPCA standards?

As far as I am concerned very few things in life are black and white and sometimes you have to do the best with what you have for your bunny family. Dont forget that things can change at any time for any one of us, so that what you were able to provide before, you may not necessarily be able to continue doing. And many of us could make improvements but that doesnt mean that bunnies in need should be overlooked because you cant give it 100% perfection.

I may have to make a choice between space and safety for a pair of my buns.

Things are rarely a straight-forward choice. If you can take a bun in danger and give it a happy, healthy, safe life, where it has suffficient space for most of the time, that is better to me, than that bunny suffering elsewhere.

I agree with this rabbits can have all the space in the world and still be neglected through ignorance

And .. just so people know

I did not pm Jane about her setups
I was bored and made this thread if you still want to argue go ahead :)

noone knows what they are tho :? ive never been able to find a standard only what is said on here :?

I've seen the 6x2 hutch standard on some RSPCA sites (not the main one, the branch sites) and I'm sure it will be somewhere on the RWA site

I've seen the 6x2 hutch standard on some RSPCA sites (not the main one, the branch sites) and I'm sure it will be somewhere on the RWA site

ive never been able to find it myself and i have looked because when my pair were first in a cage i wanted to make sure locked up house space matched the minimum by the RSPCA :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back