• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you take your rabbits?

Would you?

• Total voters
I think its totally your decision hun i think people are going to have different opinions on this.

I would let Crystal do it but not Misty as Crystal is really layed back and really doesnt care to be honest she doesnt even get stressed at the vets when i leave her for dentals lol

so if your sure that your rabbits will be fine as you know them best obviously then i dont see why not to be honest :)

in the end of the day if you say no to this opportunity then they'll go else where for rabbits anyways.

People so quick to judge on such little information?

theres no judging, everybody has said it depends on different situations :)

which it does, theres 2 things to be concerned with

1: why they are doing it
and 2: how the bunnies would react :)

i guess it would depend on what they wanted to do....if it was just pottering around in front of a white screen then I don't think it would be too bad, if it was posing in clothes or being held by a model then probably not.

I said no, based on my own buns, none particularly like been cuddled (apart from Lottie) etc so dont think they would like it :D

Id say you know your buns, so you know best, check it out, speak to them, get all the ins and outs :D

People so quick to judge on such little information?

:? Judge what? That TV companies just want to use the fluffy bunnies in an Easter shoot? Damn right I will judge it - I hate live animals being used in advertising and TV 'entertainment' programmes, they are living creatures with rights not props to be used for our entertainment or to make something look more 'Easter' or festive or whatever. I cannot see the logic in it, if they gave two hoots about the rabbits they would take the shoot to their environment and take pictures there to avoid stress etc. Of course people are going to express and opinion, that is what the OP asked for, it doesn't mean she can't make her own mind up or anything but, everyone is entitled to their own views and if that means I am judging the media and entertainment industry as being shallow and money motivated rather than interested in the welfare of the animals they use as props then yes - I am guilty.

Oh no, I wanted everyones views as it was all the cons I was thinking of, and wanted to know of any I had not thought of.

I decided against it in the end, as they are my babies, and wouldn't ever want to act in a way that wasn't "for" them, if that makes sense.

I also decided not to have gone through with it, just incase it triggered a problem, or portayed bunnies in a wrong light. Ie easter pets!

As you say, though the media may ask stuff on rescue buns, they can twist the words to how they wish, editing out things of no "value" to them.

Oh no, I wanted everyones views as it was all the cons I was thinking of, and wanted to know of any I had not thought of.

I decided against it in the end, as they are my babies, and wouldn't ever want to act in a way that wasn't "for" them, if that makes sense.

I also decided not to have gone through with it, just incase it triggered a problem, or portayed bunnies in a wrong light. Ie easter pets!

As you say, though the media may ask stuff on rescue buns, they can twist the words to how they wish, editing out things of no "value" to them.

To be honest Kris I would be amazed if the bunnies were even acknowleged in anyway, there would have been a back drop of artificial grass with typical easter props like daffodils and tulips etc with eggs everywhere and then your bunnies plonked in the middle of it all and expected to stay still while they took pictures, they wouldn't want any poo in the shots and the bunnies are being used as props nothing more - I don't like the association of rabbits to Easter anyway really as I think breeders aim a lot of their litters around that date and inevitably in June/July I suppose a lot are then left sat in sweltering hot hutches as the novelty has worn off just in time for fly strike season. It's a stupid idea and I am really anti using live animals in TV other than for edcuation. Thats just my view but, I hate it and actually will turn it over or off and then complain when I see it, such is my strength of feeling.

To be honest Kris I would be amazed if the bunnies were even acknowleged in anyway, there would have been a back drop of artificial grass with typical easter props like daffodils and tulips etc with eggs everywhere and then your bunnies plonked in the middle of it all and expected to stay still while they took pictures, they wouldn't want any poo in the shots and the bunnies are being used as props nothing more - I don't like the association of rabbits to Easter anyway really as I think breeders aim a lot of their litters around that date and inevitably in June/July I suppose a lot are then left sat in sweltering hot hutches as the novelty has worn off just in time for fly strike season. It's a stupid idea and I am really anti using live animals in TV other than for edcuation. Thats just my view but, I hate it and actually will turn it over or off and then complain when I see it, such is my strength of feeling.

I really appreciate your view, it was the sort I was looking for.
I suppose I was a bit naieve (sp) in thinking they would be looking out for the bunnies, and open to chat on rescue things in the article etc. :oops:

I really appreciate your view, it was the sort I was looking for.
I suppose I was a bit naieve (sp) in thinking they would be looking out for the bunnies, and open to chat on rescue things in the article etc. :oops:

Yes not so much naive but, trusting I think, although it may be possible, I do think it highly unlikely on that show with clothing involved. It is very tight timescales on This Morning and I doubt unless that was the purpose of the 'shoot' that they would even give you anytime at all. It may have been a bit upsetting aswell if they in fact 'took over' your bunnies (if they are handleable) I think you may well have been miffed off. Of course there is a slim chance I am wrong and in fact they may be willing but, due to time constraints I doubt it. They will find some other poor little baby bunnies (more manageable). They could take their shoot to a sanctuary or rescue and do a combined theme - fashion and rabbit welfare it wouldn't be too difficult and they could even involve someone (celebrity) from the 'Make Mine Chocolate Campaign' it would be lovely if they did that I agree and I would be more than happy to stand corrected and eat my words.:)

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit late with this as you've already decided but I voted 'maybe'.

Could you ring and find out exactly what they want the bunnies for? It may *just* be possible that they are wanting to highlight the issues faced by rescues and such at this time of year. I know they've had rescue dogs before - There was a story in the paper a little while ago about it, one of the actors from Corrie rang the show and adopted one! If there's the slightest chance of promoting rescues then I would do it, providing the bunnies I took would be 100% ok. I'd no way take my conti! He's a wimp at the best of times! :lol: Plus chances are they will find someone else to go who may not have their rabbits best interests at heart. Ring again and see if they will agree to give you some airtime to promote rescuing and adopting. :)

Of course, if they say they just want some bunnies to stick straw hats on and sit next to some daffodils, tell them they're idiots! :lol:

Back