• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you go behind OH's back?

I've always lived alone so have never had to think of anyone else when adopting a new fur baby has been an option.

Now, I have to be very strong and not take on any more as I no longer have a permanent job and am struggling to look after the fur family I already have. Once I am on a firmer financial footing I will consider expanding the zoo - but realistically that won't be for some time as I am in debt.

Having said that I will probably get a couple of fish in the near future as I have an empty tank just sitting in my therapy room and fish really don't cost a great deal to look after - or not the cold water ones I have in mind.

I'm going to a hamster show next month... They don't cost much either and you can cuddle them ;)

(well as long as they don't do anything silly like mine and break their leg!)

I think it depends on how much of a serious agreement it was for him!
If it was me, and I had the space and everything sorted to encorp another bun, I'd just soften my OH up big time and then drop the bunny bombshell when hes nice and agreeable.
I like a good 'do me a favour and ill do you one' conversation with my OH, see it as a challenge hahah

I couldn't do that to mine. He is very reasonable and open to comprise and ideas so if we felt we had to take on another bun we'd work out how to make it work. But it would have to be a joint thing. Funnily enough though I wouldn't mind if he came home with a bunny without telling me:lol:

I would. But then I wouldn't agree to the terms of 2 bunnies and no more in the first place..

I'm going to a hamster show next month... They don't cost much either and you can cuddle them ;)

(well as long as they don't do anything silly like mine and break their leg!)

Sounds good. Is it local? I do have a large empty hammy cage since Suki went to the Bridge last year - and a big bag of food still in date. I would prefer to rescue really but hamsters don't come up that often. Suki came from PAH adoption.

I remember when I was worried about the bunnies' situation (it was someone at work) and felt I should take them, I was dreading raising the subject when my OH got back from work. I started the conversation and he bellowed 'no!!!!' Then by the end of it he said 'aaaargh... we're going to have to take them, aren't we?' But no, I'd never go behind his back.

I don't think I would just bring one home, especially as bonding can be quite an event.
I did get Eli even though OH had said he didn't want another rabbit but I told him I was bringing him home whether he liked it or not, and I was just giving him a chance to air his views on when we bought him home, where he'd live etc.

We never agreed on just getting two though. I think if you've made an agreement you should really stick to it, how would you feel if he broke an agreement?

Well it was more a: we're only getting two and no more! and my reply was: yeah, yeah (including a hand wave)
:lol:
:lol: I see, I believe we had one of "those" arrangements on only having a pair of mice! In that case I'd get the rabbit if you're happy to take all the responsibility for it, but tell him that's what you're going to do.

Dutchbunny - I have been there when your hubby has said No!

Hmmm - how much is it worth to you for me not to tell him of your evil plans :lol::lol::lol:

Back