• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you find giving vaccinations and neutering a rabbit the same day appropriate?

We know of a vet who did the two seperate vacs, mxyi and vhd and neutered all on same day.
my opinion..it is dreadful to do all together..

Absolutely not, if I went to a vet that did that I would change vets pretty damn quick, the vaccination won't be effective because the bunny needs to be in good health to receive it

Thank you for all of your responses.

My immediate reaction was 'no way' when I found read that someone was having this done in one day, but then questioned myself because I'd not ever had to wonder about it before.

I too would recommend anyone to find a different vet to be honest as I personally don't think it shows a good understanding of the whole stress/immune system issue that we owners face with rabbits. I don't really care if it's possible, but it's whether we should be doing this.

I saw this so made a point of asking My vet about it today when i dropped Ollie off.
She said they dont do it, but some less savvy vets do it if requested by the owner.
Im guessing its a money thing?:roll:

I wouldn't....and neither would the vet I use. Marnie has ended up being late for vacs before due to illness.

Back