• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would you change 1/3 of the water source to boil water to prevent kidney stone

Generally you'd mix some drinking water in or remineralizer so it contains some minerals rather than none at all.

If you think about it though, generally rabbits wouldn't actually drink much water. They'd get all their water requirements from the plants they eat. So if the rest of the diet is correct it shouldn't be necessary to add extra nutrients via water, everything should come from the food.

So, another way to help resolve it is to increase the amount of fresh plant matter - grass etc. in your rabbits diet. They'll then drink much less water anyway.

My buns pee on the towel. But sometimes they also pee on the hay tray. It's just regular urine color. I sure don't see any white color thing on the urine.

Generally you'd mix some drinking water in or remineralizer so it contains some minerals rather than none at all.

If you think about it though, generally rabbits wouldn't actually drink much water. They'd get all their water requirements from the plants they eat. So if the rest of the diet is correct it shouldn't be necessary to add extra nutrients via water, everything should come from the food.

So, another way to help resolve it is to increase the amount of fresh plant matter - grass etc. in your rabbits diet. They'll then drink much less water anyway.

I agree with this, and not just for bunnies :D To get a broad spectrum of minerals without the harmful effects of tap water, more veggies and greater variety. Admittedly our soil is depleted of minerals, but only to the same extent that the water would be anyway.

Back