• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would anyone rehome a giant? Update 1 year on

Here she is....

529c37b78eca9fac58ddeeef1a466e56_zps83aa395b.jpg

I never knew how tricky it was to photograph a black bunny so sorry about the quality.... And it won't stop raining so I'm having to cover up my camera... Argggh.
She loves a tickle behind those enormous ears :love:
I'm going to try and get her to the vets tomorrow, her nails are so long they are curling to the side, it must be uncomfortable for her. I was going to wait until I get her spayed which will hopefully be the week after next, but I can't leave her nails that long.
She has settled in really well, eating and pooping, haven't seen her drink yet, but she is eating with gusto!
I'm worried as her dewlap is so big I wonder if it is stopping her eating her caecotrophes. I'll get the vet to give her a check over tomorrow.

Awwww, she's lovely!!

It is so so difficult to get a good photo though!

I hope her feet aren't as ticklish as her look-alike. Cutting his nails is a nightmare.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is lovely, well done on giving her a good home. Anyone still wanting giants, Cottontails rescue in Westbury, Wiltshire has a couple of gorgeous pairs. If I only had the room..

She is lovely, well done on giving her a good home. Anyone still wanting giants, Cottontails rescue in Westbury, Wiltshire has a couple of gorgeous pairs. If I only had the room..

Boooo, too far for me :evil:

Pretty girlie though :love: I have a black bunny & he's awful to photograph!

More pics from today

cab6adb1944c8fd7f7cd3335697adcf7_zps8eaa6ebc.jpg

7342ba6dff6110a5e4fe2c7ed2396d70_zpsdff00276.jpg

b0d220a72615baddf1af299a93a97ee9_zps06160255.jpg

f665868e8116480b2314b716b1b9d9ef_zpsec7f78c2.jpg

She is off to the vets for a mani pedi (you can see how long her nails are in these photos), a good check over, and vacs if vet thinks it ok. She has never ever been to the vets but she seems very chilled out, so I'm hoping it won't stress her, the house move and car journey didn't seem to phase her at all.

Gosh, she really does look like Hector! She looks very content with her life now. :love:

I hope her vets trip goes ok.

She is a lovely big girlie :love:

I'd make sure she is well quarantined from any other Rabbits you have. She has a bit of a gunky eye which might indicate a bacterial infection

Well done for offering her a home :D

Vet update

Well, she's had a mani pedi and I feel a lot happier about her feet now.
But the vet said she is quite overweight, and they recommend waiting until she looses around 20% of her body weight before I get her spayed, as it's too risky.
She's had her vacs and a general check over, and as much of a teeth check as the vet could do, her front teeth looked ok.
I asked about her eyes and the vet cleaned them up and said just to keep an eye on it for now but if it starts to look gunky again then to bring her back for them to determine the cause, if it's teeth related or something else.
As plan A (to have her spayed and try her in a trio with one of my pairs) is now on hold for maybe 6 months, I may have to think of a plan B. She is only in a small run at the moment, and as the more exercise the better, I may have to think about bonding my two pairs into a quad to free up half the summerhouse and one of the aviary (which was my original plan anyway before this little lady came on the scene).... Hmmm goes off to ponder...

She's pretty :love:

Is it normal for a doe to have such a large amount of fluff under her chin? It's a male bunny household here & they don't have them?

She's pretty :love:

Is it normal for a doe to have such a large amount of fluff under her chin? It's a male bunny household here & they don't have them?

Unspayed Does can have very large dewlaps. Overweight unspayed Does can have enormous ones !

Back