• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston's neutering tomorrow…take 2!

Just phoned the vet, they want to keep Winston in for a bit longer :( He has started chewing/licking at his wound and has developed some swelling. The good news is he is eating and drinking normally though. I am really gutted he can't come home yet :( They said to phone at 3pm to get an update.

Just phoned the vet, they want to keep Winston in for a bit longer :( He has started chewing/licking at his wound and has developed some swelling. The good news is he is eating and drinking normally though. I am really gutted he can't come home yet :( They said to phone at 3pm to get an update.

thats a shame :( good thing they kept him in overnight though so he is already there and being looked after :thumb: i hope he can come home soon!

Fingers crossed the little man gets better and can come home later xx He sounds like he's being really well looked after :thumb:

Winston is home :D He has quite a big wound on his tummy where they have gone in through his abdomen :( They said he only licked it a little bit this morning but hasn't since. It is a little bit swollen but a lot less swollen than it was. I was quite worried about him the whole car journey home but he is happily hopping around his pen eating his hay. He actually jumped into his makeshift hay box (an upturned plastic house thing) so i've had to take it away and put it into something he can't jump into!

I am struggling to tell if he is licking to groom himself and eat his cecotropes or licking his wound :/ I think i'm just going to have to keep checking it to make sure it doesn't look red or swollen…..if he will let me pick him up! I'm worried about not checking him during the night whilst i'm sleeping, I really hope he doesn't lick!

I am struggling to tell if he is licking to groom himself and eat his cecotropes or licking his wound :/ I think i'm just going to have to keep checking it to make sure it doesn't look red or swollen…..if he will let me pick him up! I'm worried about not checking him during the night whilst i'm sleeping, I really hope he doesn't lick!

I'm so happy to hear he's home with you now. Don't worry I've had the same problem with Bella, she seemed to be doing something for ages but the vet said the wound was fine so she was probably just grooming. She's been quite messy today with not being able to groom as easily with being sore so think its taking her longer than usual to groom.

I'm so happy to hear he's home with you now. Don't worry I've had the same problem with Bella, she seemed to be doing something for ages but the vet said the wound was fine so she was probably just grooming. She's been quite messy today with not being able to groom as easily with being sore so think its taking her longer than usual to groom.

I've just spent a good few minutes lying on the floor watching him groom to make sure he wasn't licking his wounds. He is grooming his feet and face as well so I think he is just grooming.

I am glad Bella was doing a similar thing but ultimately it was okay :) I am seeing the vet again on Friday for a post op check which is reassuring. My mum is rabbit sitting over the weekend (Saturday morning until Sunday morning) because my OH and I have to go to a wedding and I am just so nervous something is going to go wrong.

If your mum is worried at all at the weekend you know where we are :)

Aww thank you! I am going to leave my laptop on this thread so she can post if she needs to. I'm also leaving her with the contact number of the 24 hour small animal hospital nearby and telling her that she if is concerned at all then to take him straight there and i'll pay her back any vet costs!

He has now bunny flopped and looks quite content but i'm also worried he's in pain because his wound looks so sore :( He isn't due his next dose of metacam until tomorrow morning!

The out of hours vet for ark house is the veterinary hospital at walnut tree in Milton Keynes. Normally they are absolutely fabulous with bunnies :) just ring the ark house number and the message will tell you what number to press for the Milton Keynes vet.

The out of hours vet for ark house is the veterinary hospital at walnut tree in Milton Keynes. Normally they are absolutely fabulous with bunnies :) just ring the ark house number and the message will tell you what number to press for the Milton Keynes vet.

Thank you. We actually have a really good animal hospital 5 minutes down the road which dealt with Winston when he was in stasis a few weeks ago, which is where I would take him in an emergency. They were actually really incredible! Milton Keynes is quite far from me so I wouldn't want to risk him travelling that far in an emergency. Fingers crossed there won't be an emergency though :) We are going back to Ark House on Friday morning for a check up though, so if that goes well I won't be quite as concerned about the weekend :)

Like you say hopefully you wont need them. Its just using their emergency vets means vet notes will get transferred so a better continuity of care :)

Shame we won't be around Friday as that is Otis's physio day ;)

Like you say hopefully you wont need them. Its just using their emergency vets means vet notes will get transferred so a better continuity of care :)

Shame we won't be around Friday as that is Otis's physio day ;)

That is a very good point. I sort of assumed that because it's not Ark House they wouldn't have his notes anyways, so it wouldn't matter if I used my local vet….would Ark House's emergency vet have Winston's notes then?

Ohh that is a shame!! Give him lots of nose rubs from me nonetheless :)

Back