• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston's neutering tomorrow…take 2!

Just thought I would post some photos of Winston for those who are interested;

bgnWa2uh.jpg

Here you can see his wound a little bit;
7wJxjooh.jpg

He took his metacam straight from the syringe this morning, he just licked it all off as I was pushing the plunger part. It was really cute!
He's not a huge fan of his pen and has tried digging out (he can't get very far because it's all towels/carpet) I've tried to put as much enrichment as possible in his pen but it's difficult because I don't want him to get too overexcited and I can't put anything in that he can jump on!

Oh, Bless him. Looking at his op site you'd think he's just been spayed. Poor little devil. Here's to a quick recovery

Because one of his testicles hadn't descended they had to go in through the abdomen…just like a spay! So he has two incision sites bless him.

He just did a little binky though so I think he's okay!!

Oh you poor wee fellow, Winston!

My rabbits always seem to take their metacam straight from the syringe too, on the rare occasions they've needed it. It makes things so easy! :)

Thank you everyone. He seems to be doing really well and he's done lots of bunny flops so I like to think he is relaxed :) He's got a post op check tomorrow so fingers crossed that goes well! My mum has arrived. She is house sitting from Saturday to Sunday so I've gone through everything with her and I'm going to let her give him his metacam and food tomorrow whilst I supervise so she gets the hang of it! She's got 9 animals at home (4 dogs and 5 cats) but has never looked after a rabbit before so I'm a bit worried!

Winston's check went well. There is a slight red patch above his wound which the vet nurse said I could treat with aloe vera, however once I'm finally able to get some on him (which really stresses him out) he then licks it off which means he licks his wound. How important is the aloe Vera?

Back