• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Willow is dying, i'm sure of it now...

Oh, goodness :(

Still sending good vibes. Come on, Willow...! Get better, little one.

Take care
x

This is turning out to be an emotional rollercoaster :cry: They managed to get a decent xray of her lungs this morning without sedating her. They said there is no evident damage to them and that the main rear part of the lungs are clear. There is infection towards the front still, but the main breathing capacity area to the rear is good. She was eating pellets, veg and hay and was drinking too overnight at the vets :) They thought she was much more alert and the breathing was much improved after she settled in. She does seem better tonight too. No open mouth or head leaning back. Flopsy is fussing over her as usual and they did not squabble this time after being apart. Just to add variety to her feed, they gave us a couple of bags of Burgess Super Excell to keep her interested in food. So, another week of daily injections ahead. If she improves, they will reduce these to every 3 days. Just got to keep hoping. The vets bill is already running into the hundreds, but that's ok as she is insured thank god. I nearly cancelled it too just a week before she got ill :shock: I told them no matter what it costs or how many times we have to come in we will see it through.

Rex Rabbity said:
This is turning out to be an emotional rollercoaster :cry: They managed to get a decent xray of her lungs this morning without sedating her. They said there is no evident damage to them and that the main rear part of the lungs are clear. There is infection towards the front still, but the main breathing capacity area to the rear is good. She was eating pellets, veg and hay and was drinking too overnight at the vets :) They thought she was much more alert and the breathing was much improved after she settled in. She does seem better tonight too. No open mouth or head leaning back. Flopsy is fussing over her as usual and they did not squabble this time after being apart. Just to add variety to her feed, they gave us a couple of bags of Burgess Super Excell to keep her interested in food. So, another week of daily injections ahead. If she improves, they will reduce these to every 3 days. Just got to keep hoping. The vets bill is already running into the hundreds, but that's ok as she is insured thank god. I nearly cancelled it too just a week before she got ill :shock: I told them no matter what it costs or how many times we have to come in we will see it through.

I am so pleased to hear that Willow is still fighting the infection :D I have been thinking of her all day. I really hope she continues to improve and even if the road to a full recovery is long she will get there.

Janex

We are now into the third week of daily injections. The last 2 muscular injections have had steroids in, which they said should hopefully help bring her appetite back.

She is looking more alert and moving around more, but she has lost even MORE weight :shock: which is worrying. She has being eating a few more pellets and drinking more though over the last couple of days though.

I gave her a large bunch of fresh coriander today to munch on and she LOVED it! I had to pull it away or she would have eaten the lot. Both rabs love coriander.

The injections are now going to be every 3 days, as the vet says that they cannot continue doing these everyday due to amount of consecutive days she has had them. She has to stand on her own and pull through now or never. The vets love her to bits, they say she is SOOO tough and such a joy to handle! They are amazed that she does not even flinch with the muscular injections. Most animals go through the roof aparently.

Our fingers still tightly crossed. Please make it Willow, you owe it to us and yourself.

Try giving her porridge oats to help her keep her weight

Keep going Willow, you're doing fabulous :D

Wow, i've read through all the posts together and couldn't stop. May your willob be better each day. Pls keep us informed. I hope the easter bunny is watching over her!!

My heart has been in my mouth reading this and all good vibes winging their way to you and Willow
99.gif

Only just seen this thread! Poor you and poor Willow. Thank goodness she is showing signs of improvement - I hope she can make a full recovery. Fingers crossed x

Back