• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why, today of all days, does Biscuit decide...

Sorry to hear that Gray,
I blame spring fever entirely, my rabbits are 2 completely different creatures at the moment!

although I wont lie it makes me feel a bit more fortunate about Marvin's misbehavour!

Hello, I know exactly how you feel, Lola and SiDney ate patches in the seagrass carpeting in our flat, at first we didnt notice- but then huge patches appeared we contacted our landlord and they decided to lay laminate flooring through out the flat (we paid half and laid it) It wasnt fun!!!:(

I cried once when I saw the damage George and Gemma had done to my lounge. They chewed off the wallpaper in three places, nommed my DVD covers (but left the DVDs), chewed through my speaker cables, DVD cables and TV cable, chewed the rug, urinated on the coffee table, wrecked my dry flowers, opened a bag of coal and scattered it around the room and shredded a sleeping bag and chewed a hole in two cushions.

That's why they now live in my kitchen. I felt mean - but it had to be done! The whole room now needs decorating - and it was one of the few rooms that had been done:(

I do feel for you Gray. It amazes me that such adorable bundles of fur can be so incredibly destructive.

:shock:

was that in one day?!

Oooops that's not good, naughty Biscuit! I had a hamster years ago that used to creep out of it's cage at night, and nibble away at the carpet by the door and then creep back into bed by morning. I lived with that half eaten carpet for about 5 years, I then finally get the whole flat re-carpeted in beige and two months later I get a house rabbit, now I have a wee stained new carpet :roll: Glutton for punishment me :lol: I'm lucky that I don't rent though and my rabbit isn't quite as destructive. I hope you manage to sort it out Graham.

I had a similar experience and I rent also. I tried and failed to have house bunnies :(

I'd love to have the house bunny bond but unfortunately there has to be a limit to what I can allow them to ruin. I now have them outside and our bond is good but no where near as good as it could be. It makes me sad but they are happy so its all ok.

Mine are part time house bunnies, but that never stopped Gasket from chewing every wire in sight and having a go at the carpet by the airing cupboard upstairs.. Now we have Sprocket and Widget, things are a bit better, except Widget has taken to chewing off the glass beads from a cushion, I've had to fish them out of her mouth twice now! :roll:

:(

I agree with dizzy, shut them away for a while, have a sit down and a cuppa and you'll come up with a plan. :)

I can't bring myself to lock them away.

I went downstairs to do it and i find this;

P1040059Small.jpg

:roll:

That's cute! But they've got loads of space to flop out and be buns, so if you need a bit of peace and time not to worry about bunny teeths, shut the door. They won't hate you!! Especially if they have noms... Might give you time to work out a plan.

:wave:

Back