• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why oh why...

aww that's great news, she's beautiful :love: (though I did think I bet she gets all dirty - maybe that's because Deej is always managing to get dirty even though he's an indoor bun)!

I've never understood why people reject animals based on colour. I have chosen pets before partly based on colour but I have known they also had fab characters, but I have also rescued/rehomed animals just because they needed a home and it didn't matter what colour they were!

I think agouti animals are gorgeous and have no issue with red or pink eyes either. :D

Excellent news Anna; anyone we know?:D

Only just seen this! No its noone on here....but....

Sadly Sasha's home has fallen through :(

We have tried to bond her with a couple of different males and we feel she could live as only bun but may be able to be mixed by experienced handler over a long period of time

Only just seen this! No its noone on here....but....

Sadly Sasha's home has fallen through :(

We have tried to bond her with a couple of different males and we feel she could live as only bun but may be able to be mixed by experienced handler over a long period of time

Oh no, what a shame. She's pweeeetty.

Will keep my ears open Anna for the right kind of home. I'd love her, but sadly no gaps in our bunny family.

She is so lovely, if I could I would keep her because she is so sweet (plus after working in rescue I have huge soft spots for the little ones who are over looked just like her). Its really upsetting how the all black, PEWS and agoutis are always the last to find a home. I have an agouti bunny who was in rescue for a few years before I heard about her and offered her a home. She is the loveliest, floppiest lady in the world and I love her to bits. I just wish people would look past the colour :(

I didn't realise all blacks struggled to find homes, I just adopted an all black lop. She is beautiful, I like pink eyes :) my hamster had pink eyes and he freaked everyone out but me, and I have a himalayan guinea with pink eyes. my sister says they look demonic but anyone who watches supernatural knows demons have black eyes or yellow :lol:

Perhaps people think agoutis (which I think are gorgeous too) are wild rabbits that have been caught? I know that sounds stupid but my OH said that about the rabbits in my local pet shop :roll: and he has a point haha it is a dodgy shop and they do look just like the Civic Centre bunnies in Newcastle

I didn't realise all blacks struggled to find homes, I just adopted an all black lop. She is beautiful, I like pink eyes :) my hamster had pink eyes and he freaked everyone out but me, and I have a himalayan guinea with pink eyes. my sister says they look demonic but anyone who watches supernatural knows demons have black eyes or yellow :lol:

Perhaps people think agoutis (which I think are gorgeous too) are wild rabbits that have been caught? I know that sounds stupid but my OH said that about the rabbits in my local pet shop :roll: and he has a point haha it is a dodgy shop and they do look just like the Civic Centre bunnies in Newcastle

yes people tend to go for the different coloured animals which is such a shame when you work and care for the animal everyday and you see what a lovely animal they are. People just aren't willing to look past that, they see PEW and its either the eyes they don't like or they are boring to them. Sasha is a fab girl and makes me laugh. She spend today rolling a giant choobe around with her front paws!

that's really sad to hear. I love self-coloured rabbits. I'll bear this is mind when I go to a rescue centre in a few months to add to my little rabbit family. hope you find a great home for her :)

that's really sad to hear. I love self-coloured rabbits. I'll bear this is mind when I go to a rescue centre in a few months to add to my little rabbit family. hope you find a great home for her :)

Thats great please do :)

We have someone going to Leeds next Friday who is happy to take Sasha that way if anyone is interested. She has been in rescue for far too long :(

I am so sorry she has been in rescue for so long and so sorry that her home fell through.

She is beautiful and looks so sweet. I dont understand why they get overlooked either - we adopted all of ours either based on personality or because they touched our hearts with their sad stories. I wish we had space/time/money to take on a few more but we just cant and there are so many bunnies in need at the mo :cry:

Hoping that this little love gets her special home soon. x

She is gorgeous, looks like a younger, cleaner Elwood ( not difficult to be cleaner than Elwood :lol: ) I love REW's good thing really as we seem to get an awful lot of them here :love::love:

i had a white bun with pale grey nose and ears.....and burgundy red eyes..not like an REW at all.

Along came bertie to save bifs life and eventually get adopted by us.

A big chunky french lop of 5kg and a bit...and...omg....he is red eyed white

I have always been freaked out by those weird milky coloured eyes on REW buns. but now i love em...cos i love him soo much:love::love:

our 2nd ever bun was a heinz 57 bun who looked like a silver fox bun. Our next bun was a boring little grey bunny.....a mini lop. He was actually a golden steel bun..posh way of describing a grey bun with goldy coloured tips..made him look like a hedgehog:lol:

bif our first rescue bun is agouti n white....

then came bertie...then willow my orange n white girl. and rescue bun...black n white bandit.

casper we took in for those few months till he died and he was mainly white.
then july we took merlin in....our very first black bun.....

i havent had the pleasure of an agouti bun.....i love that colour......

i have never taken a bun for its colour but its personality or the vibes they give off.:lol:

I am so sorry she has been in rescue for so long and so sorry that her home fell through.

She is beautiful and looks so sweet. I dont understand why they get overlooked either - we adopted all of ours either based on personality or because they touched our hearts with their sad stories. I wish we had space/time/money to take on a few more but we just cant and there are so many bunnies in need at the mo :cry:

Hoping that this little love gets her special home soon. x

If she was a different colour or breed I would bet an awful lot of money that she would have been snapped up ages ago. The other bun she came in with (Bramble) had loads of inquiries but not one for my little Sasha :(

If she was a different colour or breed I would bet an awful lot of money that she would have been snapped up ages ago. The other bun she came in with (Bramble) had loads of inquiries but not one for my little Sasha :(

Thats so sad. I think my Fay who is an agouti lop was in rescue for quite a while too.

I think Sasha is adorable :love:

Aww, she's beautiful - hope she finds a home soon.

We love black, white and agouti buns and that's all we have at the moment. My o/h actually chose Pippin because he loves agoutis.

Oh little Sasha... why has no one snapped you up yet?

Why can't people see past your colour and see what a lovely poppet you are. At least whilst you are here I will make sure you know how it feels to be loved. Don't worry Sasha, I will find you those lovely people who can give you the home you deserve. I know you have been waiting a long time, but I am trying my best xxxx

Aww :(

If I had space I'd snatch her in a heartbeat - since I got Yuki I've really come to love albinos. I hope she finds a good home soon - or I get more space. :D

Awww I'm going to be really niave here, but do people really overlook rabbits cos of their colour?

That's awful, we didn't actually 'choose' Princess, our other rabbit died, the girls were upset so we went back to the pet shop, and she was the only one left, I feel it was fate. But if I were to ever choose it'd be on personality, or even just the fact they needed a home.

I would so love to give her a home, she's gorgeous, and her colours just beautiful, just sadly at the moment I don't have much room, and we don't have a lot of money, need to pay for Princess neutering and vaccinations, I wouldn't be able to afford her, and that's not fair :(

Sorry for the ramble.

Aww :(

If I had space I'd snatch her in a heartbeat - since I got Yuki I've really come to love albinos. I hope she finds a good home soon - or I get more space. :D

Suuure ya can find space :lol::lol::lol:

Awww I'm going to be really niave here, but do people really overlook rabbits cos of their colour?

That's awful, we didn't actually 'choose' Princess, our other rabbit died, the girls were upset so we went back to the pet shop, and she was the only one left, I feel it was fate. But if I were to ever choose it'd be on personality, or even just the fact they needed a home.

I would so love to give her a home, she's gorgeous, and her colours just beautiful, just sadly at the moment I don't have much room, and we don't have a lot of money, need to pay for Princess neutering and vaccinations, I wouldn't be able to afford her, and that's not fair :(

Sorry for the ramble.

Sadly people go on their first impressions and the first thing they see is colour and go for the "prettier" ones. I find it offensive when people **** off PEWs and the like because I see Sasha every single day and care for her and she is just as important as any other animal I have in.

Back