• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it Acceptable for Breeding Rabbits to Have Small Hutches ?

its shocking, sadly not many people know any better, its all about spreading the word and making people realise, just how much space they do need.

when i got Roxy bless her soul (shes now at the bridge), she didnt know what "space" was, she just barely moved, she didnt even want to eat hay or veg, it took time to get her moving about and once she did it was brillant. it makes me very sad and angry to think of a rabbit in a hutch 24/7 where it can only do one hop :( something should be done!

Ok i have made a few changes - can anyone supply me with a shed and run photo and how much it cost please? and where it came from.

The others are free advertising, and i have asked for a shed pic so presumably thats permission!

Ok i have made a few changes - can anyone supply me with a shed and run photo and how much it cost please? and where it came from.

IMGP1652.jpg

I think it cost about three hundred pounds, including all the work we had done on it

It is all underwired and also mostly slabbed with concrete paving - with turf laid on top! (we replace the turf just by putting another load on top a couple of times a year).

TBH if we did it all again we would concrete the lot as we do have some problems with the slabs (we have 7 runs each adjoining each other).

We have also now built wooden slatted platforms and ramps up to them and to the top of the hutches so that they get more levels to run up and down (all made from ready made squared decking pieces). But its not lovely and sunny right now so chose an older photo!

What about a picture of a wendy house with attached run? People who have kids would quite often have an old wendy house that they're not even using any more. Might be worth a shot?

Back