• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to see an animal communicator

Lol!

Archie and Millie didn't use words, they were showing Susie feelings, images, sounds and smells and she was translating them into words for me. But it would have been funny if she'd done accents! Towards the end it was harder to tell which bunny was talking as they started to talk together. They both agreed that one noise they do like is the alarm clock because they know that means they're getting breakfast soon!

Yes, I could ask questions and mostly I got direct answers. But I asked if there was anything I could do to make visits to the vet less frightening and Millie just said that she never wants to go again which wasn't very helpful. She talked about when they went to get their nails clipped recently and she kept jumping from the table into my arms and we ended up clipping them while I held her against me. She said she wanted to hide. I wish vets did home visits as standard, I'd pay extra to not have her that terrified.

Susie said she thought vet visits would be better if I explained beforehand what would happen using visualisation.

Aww, poor Millie not getting the necessity of vets. Nail trims by you at home from now on then?

I am tempted but funds are a little tight these days & I'm mid way between believing & being sceptical if that makes sense. I love how your bunnies are really expressive. Do you find yourself still going to call him cute & fluffy? - If I had your experience I'd be really happy - also worried..my OH & I have a dark sense of humour & much of what is said would not be said if bunny ears understand so much...however, I understand they'll pick up on vibes, feelings & atmosphere not words? Do animals communicate much with images? I know mine definitely plan things telepathically.If so I'd not worry, they are very much adored (Joe & Mouse show me their appreciation of this in their eyes, Lady Boo just knows being adored is a case of entitlement as she is so special - OR DOES SHE? :lol: I suppose we could live on beans on toast & peanut butter sandwiches for a month. Thank You for sharing all this & answering my questions - I have another, how much was it?? PM me if you're not happy to say here

:lol: Have you seen the number of views on this thread of yours?:lol:

Aye, I'm talking to your lurkers - join in!!

I also get pictures mainly and sometimes words. They understand words because they pick up the feelings and visualisations you associate with the words. They will generally only pay attention to thoughts that feel about them though. One of ours who was handed into P@H by someone who found her round the back of their bins said to me that she escaped and ran away because she couldn't deal with her caregivers referring to her as "that bl**dy rabbit" and resenting her. She was quite a distressed soul when she arrived here and even self-harmed her ears, but she literally stopped that as soon as we had this conversation and became super laid back and binkying all over the place.

Fascinating! I would love to know what Molly was thinking. She always looks like she's trying to talk to me and can communicate in her own way.

This is really fascinating. Part of me wants to know what Scrappy is thinking but another is scared to find out. You see, I adopted her last September and I know her previous owner loved her very much but had to give her up because she was moving abroad. I'd worry that Scrappy would say that she doesn't like being with me and would rather be with her old owner :(

Sorry jo&boo I didn't see your previous post earlier, the bunny consultation cost £75. It is a lot of money but the way I saw it was that it wasn't going to be regular thing, also I thought if they did have any health problems I needed to know about it may even save money down the line. Maybe that was just me making up reasons because I wanted to do it.

I was nervous about what they'd say about me too. It was something I'd considered doing for some time but it was the wanting to move them outside that brought it to a head. One thing I thought they may be angry about was being neutered, they did mention that they can't have kits but they didn't say how they felt about that. I think if you adore them they probably love you too. Scrappy's Little Helper, I think loving one bunny mummy doesn't mean they won't love the next one too. She may have felt a bit abandoned by her previous owner going abroad.

FondueKid, that's so sad about the bunny who was verbally abused like that, I bet they didn't realise she understood. I've often thought that if animals could talk humans would be kinder to them. Maybe people like you are starting a little revolution!

Now you've said that about words, Archie did use the words "cute" and "fluffy" and they were exactly the words I'd been using about him. Yes, I do find myself still looking at him and thinking 'he's so cute!' but now I apologise and think about how brave and authoritative he is instead!

Having read this thread I really need to think hard about maybe trying this out as I would love to know what my bun is thinking and if she wants a new partner, as every new bun we have tried her with has displeased her so gave up a few months ago!

I keep coming back and thinking about this thread. Would love to know what my two are thinking. (Most of the time it's probably "nose rubs", "treats" and "stop plucking my fur!") would be interesting for anyone with anxious, fearful or extremely grumpy bunnies to do this and see if any subsequent revelations and changes to their living environment turned them into more content bunnies!

Sorry jo&boo I didn't see your previous post earlier, the bunny consultation cost £75. It is a lot of money but the way I saw it was that it wasn't going to be regular thing, also I thought if they did have any health problems I needed to know about it may even save money down the line. Maybe that was just me making up reasons because I wanted to do it.

I was nervous about what they'd say about me too. It was something I'd considered doing for some time but it was the wanting to move them outside that brought it to a head. One thing I thought they may be angry about was being neutered, they did mention that they can't have kits but they didn't say how they felt about that. I think if you adore them they probably love you too. Scrappy's Little Helper, I think loving one bunny mummy doesn't mean they won't love the next one too. She may have felt a bit abandoned by her previous owner going abroad.

FondueKid, that's so sad about the bunny who was verbally abused like that, I bet they didn't realise she understood. I've often thought that if animals could talk humans would be kinder to them. Maybe people like you are starting a little revolution!

Now you've said that about words, Archie did use the words "cute" and "fluffy" and they were exactly the words I'd been using about him. Yes, I do find myself still looking at him and thinking 'he's so cute!' but now I apologise and think about how brave and authoritative he is instead!

Thanks v much for the info. I'm going to sleep on it . I am so so tempted but then I'd be really disappointed if the info came across as too generic.. I'd want to test them by asking info they couldn't find on here / online:lol:, maybe that would be poor form? Now why couldn't you have called your boy something unusual? Its like my suspicious side & my hippy side are in serious conflict. I wonder if 3 bunnies would talk over each other even more. Agggghhhhh

Yes, I should have thought of that and called him popsychush or something!

I think testing is fine, I think it helps the communicator too because then they know that they've tuned into the right rabbit. What convinced me was not one thing but the way it all added up. They sometimes say things about you too, give you advice. I told a friend the advice I got from Archie about my approach to life and she was spooked because it was exactly what she'd said to me a few weeks before.

Maybe do something weird and unusual with them, not write about it on here but ask them about it during the session?!

catxx, my bunnies have changed. It could just be because they are in a different environment but Millie keeps dancing and has become obsessed with licking me and Archie is more trusting (of me) and hassling her a lot less. I'd honestly go again if there was something else I wanted to understand.

KatP, I think being hostile at the start doesn't mean bunnies can't be bonded, though I do get jealous of the easy bonds I read about. Good luck with pondering over what's best for her.

I used to use a practising communicator a few years ago for the bunnies and occassionally for my cat

It was brilliant, more often than not all the information was spot on and my bunnies reacted pretty much like yours did to me making changes the'd suggested

Think this is amazing. Was it £75 for communication with both buns ? Do u think it would be cheap for one bun?? Would u mind pm ing me e name of the communicator please as I would be tempted. Thanks ks

Noise: the pen is has a cover that gets very noisy in the rain, I need to replace it with something quiet. Roofing felt?

Archie's need to make a noise: We have wild rabbits at the bottom of the garden, I'd like to find a way for Archie to safely make a big noise to tell them that this burrow is taken by a very powerful alpha male who is not cute or fluffy! ;) Any ideas?

Warmth: I've bonded a bunny who likes it wet and cold with one who likes it dry and hot :roll: I need to add insulation to the hutch I think.
Didn't see if you got an answer to these, sorry if you did!

Roofing felt is much quieter but heavy rain will still drum. See if you can get decent offcuts, but if you need to buy don't get the cheapest stuff, it's not worth it at all! It tears horribly :S

Noise-making: since we moved ours into the playhouse they can make a noise 'like thunder' (according to OH). Maybe some sort of wooden platform?

As for your different-condition-loving bunnies, I have no advice but sounds like my office! :lol:

It was a really good read, thankyou for sharing :)

nickybunny1, I paid £75 in total and the session included them both, it's for an hour.

keletkezes, thank you for those answers. I've been thinking about buying some rigid board and glueing roofing felt on and it's helpful to know not to buy the cheap stuff. Have also bought some guttering as I find rain runs off the roof and makes the floor of the pen all wet (the access all hours pen is on concrete).

Archie has found a way to make a noise :).

I aim to make the hutch warm and totally dry, then if Millie wants to be cold and damp she can go outside. I've bought some of this http://www.celticsustainables.co.uk/thermafleece-supaloft-green-polyester-insulation/ to pack out the loft space (which they can't access). It's cheaper than wool and uninviting to insects.

It still feels great to have talked to them!

Back