• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who wrote this and why?

The packaged branded stuff never seems to be good quality. Plus at £3 a pop for a bag that's about 3 days supply it's very expensive rubbish.

Not always - as said, I've had farm bales that have been worse than bagged stuff from petshops. It is more expensive but if you don't have somewhere to store a bale then bags are much more convenient

I bought farm hay 3 years in a row. The first yr. is excellent, I posted a photo and everyone said it's very green. The whole 65 lb. bale cost me $4. The 2nd year is horrible, I have allergic reaction, my skin turns into dozens of red spots every time I touch the hay.

This yr. is the 3rd yr., absolutely no problem, the hay is green and I even post a photo at the photo section titled "Green eh". As to pet shop hay, they are really hay from the farm. Pet shops does not grow hay, they sell hay, their only source of hay is from some farmer who grow those hay, thus, they are really farm hay.

I don't like pet shop hays neither. You don't know how old they are, you don't know how they were being handled

Back