• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which is better?

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Well I have been dithering about different hutches, bike sheds, play houses etc. But basically I only have a limited amount of space to work with. Living at home with the mother and all. My mum isn't the brightest on animal care and goes by what the shops say. This means it is hard for me to do what is best for my rabbit and guinea pig when she just thinks i'm over reacting :roll: but anyway, my rabbit lives in a small hutch. About 4 ft long, 1.5 ft high and 2 ft deep. It was made by our neighbor who doesn't know much about rabbit hutch sizings. So she has been living in there from the early summer. I am sick of it :/ she gets full run of the garden each day, unless the weather is really grim.
So, I have been looking around for different options because I really want a big space where Rosie and another rabbit can live happily. But what would you suggest is best? I could possibly persuade my mum into allowing me to have a small playhouse but I'm not really sure if she would let me...
So my other options are:

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/6ft-5-w-x-4ft-3-t-giant-double-decker-rabbit-hutch.html#3

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/new-6-x-2_pet-rabbit-ferret-hutch-run-large-bunny-cage-gdhg64.html#0

http://www.gardeneco.co.uk/childrens-wooden-playhouse-4x4.html?show_prices=true&utm_source=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Base

Or a small bike shed. What would be best for 2 bunnies? I really would love the playhouse but it might only be a possibility :/ but they are so pretty and I can make extra levels and everything
Thanks x

If space is limited my opinion is that you take up all the the floor space with a run and have a hutch that sits on top. like this

A bike shed would also be a good option if you can make it so they can run between the floor of the bike shed, which you leave clear of obstacles and the run outside.

What size playhouse would she consider?

Heightwise mine is well under 5ft at the apex, so can sit under my kitchen window without blocking out any light. Its internal measurements are 5ftx5ft. :) It doesn't "feel" big to look at but the buns have tons of space.
As we've moved house we had to change some things and should have a 5ftx10ft run arriving on Tuesday for when the buns can't free-range.

I'll get a picture for you if you think it might work with your mum.

Well the smallest I can find right now is the 4x4 but if there is one ever so slightly smaller then it might make it a better chance of having the playhouse. There is an under the kitchen window space I could make if I moved a couple of things around. I would be happy with a basic little wendy house that I can make an extra level in :) Yeha some pictures would be great to show mum how well they can fit into spaces

Thankyou :) they don't look as big as what you imagine them to be actually. I am sure I could fit a small one in the garden somewhere. I will measure out some spaces when the weather picks up :) thanks

Back