• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where next?

Aimz1986

Young Bun
I started bonding my bunnys a week ago now. The buns have been having dates in my dowstairs shower room and are now lieing together and grooming eachother. Today is the first time I have seen the grooming.

My question now is where do I go from here? The buns eventally need to end up in a two story hutch together. At the moment I have separated the hutch into two, one level for each bunny. The buns also have an outdoor run. Should I try them in the run together next?

I would if possible pop them in a run/pen for at least 48hrs non stop and monitor them, if there is no fighting etc then after that move them in to the hutch but make sure you disinfect it fully before.

I agree with rachylou - make sure you are satisfied that they are well on the way to being bonded before you move them. I wouldn't give them too much space, though. If you put them in the hutch, could you confine them to one level for a week or so to see how it goes?

Back