• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did you get your rabbits from?

My first bunny midnight i had whan i was tiny came home from the pub with my dad .

Charlie and Popp Came from Jane Dexter who has a rescue in warwick Poppy has gone to the bridge now though i miss u babes

Bam bam Was found by my sister in her shed he was so tiny

An the new bun who doesnt have a name yet was a bit of an accident really he was supposed to be going to jane but she was away for the weekend so i was fostering him as he needed round the clock care after he was found in a field in a really bad way but my boyfriend being the soppy git he is couldnt give him back so he is staying put but he doesnt have a name cant find one to suit him will post some pics so u can give some suggestions he is a lovely chocolate brown miniture lop .

Sugar i got from a petshop in the beginning before i knew about places like this,
Smokey i got from a woman who was moving house and couldn't take her buns,
Crystal, i got from Missblondebunny on here,
Pebbles, a mistake litter from my next door neighbour (brought 2 ''females'' ended up with 1 male and 1 female),
Scarlett from a woman who rescues and rehomes animals near me.

Amber is a result of smokey getting out of his run area and into the girls 2 weeks before he went in for the chop so 2 weeks after her and her brothers and sister were born to Sugar,

The rabbits I had when I was a child came from a friend who had bred them, my sisters rabbit was 'bought' by my dad from one of the children who was in his class, the family bred rabbits to eat, my dad gave them a joint of pork in exchange. So guess he was our family's first rescue pet.

Janice

Fred came from a pet shop,

Prince came from a breeder who i reported cos all the rabbits lived in awfull conditions.

Gloop came with augustis (RIP) from a free to good home add,

Phobee came from Elaines rabbit rescue.

Fog came from my partners siss who didnt have time for her anymore.

New adition Gerard came from a garden center, Hes a 8wk old rex and is so gorgeous i couldnt leave him there all on his own,

Thumper - Petshop :oops:
Hope - Little Critterz
Tigger - Little Critterz
Norman - Little Critterz
Lil Miss - My mums friend who was neglectin her (Cant spell)

Mine both came from a very nice breeder in Kent.

I was so pleased with Billy I went back 6 months later for a girlfriend for him and I think she was an "unwanted" bunny of the litter because she had red eyes, she was the last. I didn't like red eyes before but fell in love with her and felt sorry for her so she came home with me so I sort of rescued her - hee hee!!

Ted and Dougal are from a petshop, only a little one that usually just sells food, but had a few buns and guinea pigs! They were in a huge pen, running around and were so happy! I knew I would give them a good home for life, so thought it would be ok!

I would love more bunnies, would definitely go to a rescue, but as I'm at uni, I can't really afford any more, and my babies would get jealous!

Smirnoff (grey lionhead) - (my first) was an impulse buy from a Garden Centre. He had been sold twice & returned.
Joey (english spot)- my boyfriend got him from Pets @Home
Chocolate (brown rex) -she's from a rescue centre
Caramel (harlequin dwarf lop) - from same garden centre as Smirnoff. They'd had her a few weeks & no one had wanted her
Sugar & Spice (two lionhead babies) from a lady up the road!
Cracker (harlequin dwarf lop) - he's a couple of years old. He was an unwanted pet that someone told me about

& soon I'll have gorgeous Alfie!

Here goes:

Tango - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop)
Marmalade - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop)
Fluffy - Pet shop (REW Dwarf Lop)
Speckle - Pet shop (English Cross)
Treacle - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop)
Caramel - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop)
Poppy - Pet shop (Harlequin Dwarf Lop)
Hazel - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop)
Smokie - Breeder (Iron Grey Mini Lop)
Snowy - Breeder (REW Mini Lop)
Puddle - Breeder (Seal Point Dwarf Lop)
Flopsy - Pet shop (REW Dwarf Lop)
Toffee - Breeder (Fawn Mini Lop)
Splodge - Bred myself (Harlequin Dwarf Lop)
Spot - Bred myself (Harlequin Dwarf Lop)
Patch - Bred myself (Harlequin Dwarf Lop)
Stripes - Bred myself (Harlequin Dwarf Lop)

Harley - Owner was moving
Flopsy - Owner that hed been beating her
Mopsy - " "
Smoky - Came for holiday
Smudge - " "
Misty & Gypsy - Owner was very ill
Maisy- left to roam a neighbourhood so I went and got her
Spot - Owner had starved him so handed him over to me
Rudy - From a girl who worked at a sanctuary that was going to pts
Heidi. Poppy & Mr Thumps from Elaine's Rescue on here

pepper came from a girl who decided to let her rabbit have a litter
and she had 8 kits and daisy and maisy came from jane
at a&j rabbit rescue wich i found on rr :)

Ok lets see

Hester -Pet shop
Lavender -Pet Shop
Pan - Handed out of the back door of a pet shop
Wilbur - accidental litter
Milly - " "
Plum- " "
Grace - Kays
William - Little Critterz
Flora - Kays
Jasmine - Kays
Delilha - Kays
Samson - Kays
Dash - Accidental litter
Scooter - Accidental litter
Jack - Kays
Rex - Back door of pet shop
Molly- Kays
Oakley - Owners didn't want her

Phill said:
Ok lets see

Hester -Pet shop
Lavender -Pet Shop
Pan - Handed out of the back door of a pet shop
Wilbur - accidental litter
Milly - " "
Plum- " "
Grace - Kays
William - Little Critterz
Flora - Kays
Jasmine - Kays
Delilha - Kays
Samson - Kays
Dash - Accidental litter
Scooter - Accidental litter
Jack - Kays
Rex - Back door of pet shop
Molly- Kays
Oakley - Owners didn't want her

Phil you say you were handed some out of the back door of a pet shop - what do you mean ?

I knew the supervisor of a wellknown pet store and the buns were going to be PTS as no one wanted them so she gave them to me on the side!

She stopped working for them after that as she didn't like the wat they operated!

Yep it does! It's unfortunate! One of the buns in question (Pan) Was huge and the breeder the pet shop had got her from said she was an 8 week old baby! I think not considering she was fully grown! And she was and still is very territorial and can be very nasty! But i love her to bits!

Back