• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did you get your rabbits from?

I got Jack from his previous owner as she wasn't sure about keeping him anymore and her boyfriend didn't want her to keep him as he chewed through their telephone wire...

bonnie (at the bridge) from ourschool , was part of a science breeding project :shock: :evil:

thumper from a man on an allotment , he was the weakling.

flopsey off my daughter . she was forced to move to a house with no garden , i took her temporarily, but shes still here :oops: (dont want her to go back)

lizzie (at the bridge) from RSPCA

bigwig (at the bridge) from RSPCA

nemo , one of our rescues, (abandoned to die in a box in the woods)couldnt bear to part with him.

fudge (at the bridge).got him off a friends neighbour as he was living in a hutch 2 foot long and"was never bothered with"

blueberry muffin , from pets at home. felt so sorry for him we had to take him home (we d just lost fudge and were feeling vulnerable :oops: )

Angie

When i decided to get rabbits i asked a friend where she got her rabbit from and she told me about his breeder. I chose my bunnies because i wanted 2 bonded bunnies so i narrowed it down to them or a litter of blue rexes. I can't remember why i decided to go for them but i'm glad i did. :D

millie was from the free ads- nothing wrong with that she just didnt have time to look after her no more. i think its good she was getting millie a new home- very sensible!

i got bramble off jill (honeybunnys rescue) and im so glad i did.
i chose bramble outta the two bunnies because i thought i would get millie and the other bunny mixed up because they are both white!

hi

bump i'm ashamed to say came from a pet shop - i couldnt bear to walk out and leave her in there any longer

wicket (sadly no longer with us) was from the fantastic bunny burrows. we didnt have any choice in the matter as bump chose him. lucky for us she chose the little chap we liked the best too.

we are on the look out for a new bunny companion for bump but we want to make sure she is happy to have a new friend first.

Lavender, Oxo and Pippin (mum and 2 babies) were adopted from Sue's Rabbit Rescue in Dewsbury.

I also have 4 rescue cats. I would never buy a pet from a pet shop or a breeder. I don't believe in it. There are enough unwanted animals in the world who need good homes.

Rabswood

I went to the RSPCA in April to find a rabbit. They didnt call me back until mid October by which time I had bought from a BRC Judge.

Well Bunny came from a friend of a friend...he was neglected and ill-treated so he came to live with us.

Flossie came from a pet shop, this was before I found the forum, RSPCA refused to even home check me when I asked because I have a young child :shock: :shock: so knowing that Bunny needed company I felt that I had no choice :?

Daisy, Maisie and Taz were from a free ad highlighted on the forum, a breeder had taken them in cos their previous owner was going to let them out for the foxes :shock: She was honest and said that she couldnt afford to keep 3 rabbits who she couldnt sell, so me and the kids went on a day trip to Cleethorpes to get them :D

Skip came from a petshop as i didn't realise about bunnies in rescues etc.

Believe it or not i had to get him from Canterbury even though i live in Meopham because no where around here had any bunnies!! The petshop seemed a nice one and the bunnies in there were all bred by the owner of the shop rather than bought in from breeders.

George came from garden centre (and was meant to be a girl :roll: )
Fred and Fred Junior came in from a breeder at our vets to be pts because fred has scars on his eyes and fred junior has bad teeth.
Florence came from a garden centre
Dudley was a rescue from a lady that takes in rescue rabbits in Romsey
Olive was from a brc breeder
Basil and Rupert are from Pampurred pets
Martha was a rescue from someone who didn't want her because she produced dead babies
Humphrey was from a brc breeder
Ebony, Mabel and Thumper I bred
Heidi was a rescue who came into the surgery to be pts from a pet shop because she had an eye that needed enucleating and they wouldn't pay for it
Claude and Alfred I bred and hand reared
Skitz was a rescue that came into the surgery to be pts because she has snuffles, although I was only taking her temporarily,but it seems easier said than done to find her a nice new home with a snuffly boyfriend.

I got Aspen from a Petstore before I knew better. Then bear, ashlee, and willie were three kits from her litter. Charliesangel had a bunny named charlie that was supposed to be a girl and they became close frineds :wink:. Then I adopted holly from petstore. She was for adoption through a rescue.

Charlie (my old bun, now at the rainbow bridge) came from a petstore.

Oliver is one of Charlie's kits, came from the same litter as Aspen'n'company's buns!

Blaise from a petstore, I couldn't leave him there! He was way too little and scared!

And then Daisy came from a rescue, Furry Friends Rescue.

xxx

Fudge Brendan bought from a breeder advertising in the Freeads (RIP)

Zeus from a breeder in Kent

Athena from a "rescue" in Swindon :?

Violet from the lovely peeps at ARC

Cosmos from Kathy (Notts Small Animal Rescue)

Caz

Mr Bo-Jangles was from p@h before I knew better (but dont regret having him :wink: :D ) and Eddie bun is from that mad women in Rugby :lol: :lol: Julie and Jill said it first Tracy :wink: :lol: :lol:

rags, my first giant bunny, came from the milkman he was 3 when we got him, i guess a kind of "rescue" of an unwanted bun. He was the grand old age of 13 when he died.

when I was younger all my buns were pet shop buns (except for the litters my girls had - ended up with boy and girl and family!) but kept all and had a happy family

Budweiser came from an excellent pet shop and I would have no hesitation in returning there, *tries not to comment on the "before I knew better" quotes*
He was just more than 7 when he left me

Finally Harvey, he came from a breeder, though I requested a reject (!) and he turned out to be a stunner. Have I not have been lucky with the breeder I went to then I would have returned to the petshop where Bud came from.

Back