• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where di you get your rabbits?

Flopsy:garden centre
Zelda: same garden center
we didn't know about recues then, and i haven't got a bunny since, but i think i will definately get one from a rescue next time :wink:

Present:
Clio - rescued her myself
Jasper - RSPCA rescue
Tia - breeder
Teddy - RSPCA rescue
Whiffles & Whistler - from a friend/rescue centre
Abbi - pet shop

Past:

Holly & Thumper - cousins buns had a litter so adopted 2
Tinka - daughter of Holly & Thumper
Flopsy - garden centre
Leo - son of Holly (after she escaped, mated with a wild bun, then came back :shock: )
James ( :love: ), Mopsy, Cottontail, Smokey, Misty - sons and daughters of Tinka & Flopsy

Hi Beth,

Past buns:
Bouncer and Thumper: Brought home from school to look after them in the hols and never took them back :wink:

Smokey and Sooty: Rescued from a horrid man who was going to "neck em" cos he didn't want them (accidental litter)and they were about 4 weeks old, so did well to survive.

Blackie and Misty (Smokey and Sootys babies :oops: )

Present buns:
I got both Liam and Mishka from Angie and Tracey (Bunnymadhouse)
:D

Scipio - freead (not long before the rest of the bunnies from this place were taken into rescue)
Gaius - ditto
Aemilia - Rescue (BARC)
Flower - Rescue (Honeybunny)
also...
3 on foster at the moment.

gus - pet shop before we knew better
betty - sue's rabbit rescue
lola - sue's rabbit rescue
frida - pet shop even though we knew better - couldnt leave her though
bracken - BARC (bunnymadhouse)
zeb - school where friends mum worked

i like to think that all my future bunnies will be rescue bunsters but the reality isnt always that simple

ok, here goes;
PAST:
Buttons and Thumper from pet shop in winchester nearly 23 years ago
Willow & fudge from a breeder
Bramble from a pet shop
Fern from a craft place
Teasel, Nutmeg, Thistle, Bracken, Smoki from the same breeder as Willow and Fudge
Acorn from Haskins
Pickle from pet shop
Walnut from Aquajardin
Briar from Aquajardin

PRESENT:
Thyme from my ex husbands aunt
Pistachio from rescue
Ginger unwanted pet advertised in vets
Tarragon unwanted pet from when I was doing supply teaching
Basil unwanted pet from my friend
Damson from sue at Southampton rabbit rescue
Ash unwanted pet from OH work

think thats all 21... x Jess

Got my boys from an ad in the paper - wouldnt call the lady a breeder though, she just hadnt neutered her pets

Just the two..Floss and Bournville from RSPCA in Wallasey...Thanks Beth and Joanne who did the bonding :)

Charlie- Petshop
Oliver- A kit from Charlie's litter (accidental of course :oops:)
Blaise- Petshop again :oops:
Daisy- Rescue :D :D :D :D :D (I'd learnt my lesson by then!)

Leah xx

Archie - was found wandering in our garden. He died a few months ago

Alfie - rescued from a filthy, awful house. He died under anaesthetic for tooth spurs :(

Maisie and Finlay - bought from what i thought was a reputable breeder, but they both passed away recently from bloat :(

Not had much luck have i :(

But anyway - will soon have 2 new arrivals, both french lops! :D :D

Ruby and Millie both came from a local rex breeder. I will probably get any future bunnies from a rescue but I don't really have any regrets, the breeder was very helpful (even sold me a big hutch :wink: ) and I got my 2 gorgeous girlies out of it. :D

Leon - Garden Centre ( :cry: )
Wallace, Oliver, Teddy, Zinzan, Michelle - Bunnycamp Sanctuary
Bridget - Above garden centre

Hoping to get a boyfriend for Michelle from Bunnycamp when I meet a suitable boy rabbit. And possibly a boyfriend for Bridget from Bunnycamp when she's old enough to be spayed.

Back