• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong with her? U/D Seen Vet!

Bella has happily just taken some oats and some more grated carrot.

Is is poss to mash some of her pellets?

x

Thanks for everyones kind words.

Yeah i guess your right, just wish it was morning.
She appear okay in herself, she is happily eating and sat munching some hay, she just looks awful - thin - shes all bones.

Just hope she doesnt go downhill tonight.

Is there anything else i could do for her tonight?

I would just try to be 'positive' around her. Buns do pick up on our anxiety. She wont be thinking 'Oh dear, I am losing weight, what-ever could be wrong'
Thinking 'Bunny' means -'I am feeling OK so no worries'

I do know how hard it is not to get really stressed and upset. But for the Bun as long as they 'feel' well they really are uneffected by the unidentified 'problem'.

:)

Just covered them up for the night, they dont seem phased by brought bought indoors.

Bella has been eating a fair amount of hay and drinking quite alot, much easier to monitor her inside. Also havent had much luck with wee's and poo's.

Hope we get sorted in morning, will update you all, thanks for vibes!

Keep them coming!

xx

Saw the Vet this morning. She was quite shocked by Bellas appearance.
Yesterday Bella was weighing 1.69/1.70, today she weighed 1.68.

The Vet checked her teeth in which she noticed some small spurs on some teeth at the back, she said Bella would need a dental to check the teeth further back. Bella is however too weak to go under GA, so we therefore need to build her up first.

The Vet also thinks Bella may some digestive problems.

It has been advised to separate Bella from the others in order for me to be able to monitor eating, weeing and pooing.

She has been given an injection of Metacam, i have some Critical care for her and she is on Fibreplex.

The Vet did say it could go either way with her, we really need to get some weight back on her, its going to be a long process, but im hoping we will get her there :)

Going back on Friday to see how shes doing.

Im upset i have had to split her but didnt see any other option available.

Please please send Bella lots of vibes.

x

Shes quiet, had her Fibreplex and was hard to give the critical care.

It appears she is doing normal poo's too, which i guess is good, they are abit softer than normal, but its okay i guess.

Don't know wether you know PROTEXIN in Engeland? We have some real good results with this probiotic... really helps buns with digestion problems, so maybe wort ordering?

Edit: sorry I now discover the produkt you mentioned is protexin... just forget about this post...:wave:

Really Sorry I dont have time to read the whole of this thread, So might be way off track. Are Bellas only symptoms the weight loss & funny poo's? XX

Shes quiet, had her Fibreplex and was hard to give the critical care.

It appears she is doing normal poo's too, which i guess is good, they are abit softer than normal, but its okay i guess.

Might be the amount of pellets she is getting - Alfie's went softer when he was on 5 meals a day. Can you feed her often? Also is she warm? When my bun & horse lost weight - it really helped them put on weight by keeping them a lot warmer than they were used to:D I literally felt like I was feeding them constantly cos it was every few hours - I did fall asleep next to the dog crate at 3am one time:oops:

Hope she's ok:D

sending bella lotrs of get well vibes from all our lot x

i used fibreplex recently on one of teh piggies, afetr a respiritory infection and bout of bloat, it worked wonders for rolo, hope it does for bella too!

Might be the amount of pellets she is getting - Alfie's went softer when he was on 5 meals a day. Can you feed her often? Also is she warm? When my bun & horse lost weight - it really helped them put on weight by keeping them a lot warmer than they were used to:D I literally felt like I was feeding them constantly cos it was every few hours - I did fall asleep next to the dog crate at 3am one time:oops:

Hope she's ok:D

Hi Angie, shes been fed critical care 6times a day, and constant pellets, vet did mention excel pellets are low in fibre though.

I have her inside now, with blankets and hot water bottles, (dont have snugglesafes)

It appears she is producing normal poos, there small but normalish :)

I just hope she puts on some weight, so we can sort her teeth out first of all and then go further to the other problems...:)

Thanks very much to Bunny_Buddy, sorry i dont know your time was all abit rushed :oops: For the loan of your crates! :D:wave:

Back