• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the worst housing you've seen?

A rescue who i got a couple of my buns from showed us what one bun had been brought to them in. It was a bird cage that was around 1 1/2 feet long by 1 foot wide.

My Simba came to me in his "hutch" which was 3ft x 18 inches, he was a dwarf lop sized lionhead cross and he had been in that "hutch" for 2 years :(

or this which was housing used by a BYB

rescuedc.jpg

This pic always makes me cry :cry: For those who don't know - this is where our beautiful Inca was rescued from :cry:

Harry old hutch before I rescued him was awful ! A make -shift 2ft X 1ft metal tin thing. He had no bedding and the floor was just wet soggy poos. There was an empty bottle and a pile of mouldy muesli. His owners had moved and he was in there for 2 weeks until I found him. Awful.

Harry old hutch before I rescued him was awful ! A make -shift 2ft X 1ft metal tin thing. He had no bedding and the floor was just wet soggy poos. There was an empty bottle and a pile of mouldy muesli. His owners had moved and he was in there for 2 weeks until I found him. Awful.

Metal????

the worst one I've ever seen was one from a pet shop georgie_f linked to, it was a hutch that wasn't even a foot long I don't even know how a rabbit could have fit into it :(

Thats horrid! Do you have a photo?

The only metal cages I have ever seen (and only by photo) are those horrid things with a mesh bottom :roll:

Sorry no I never got a photo :S this one didn't have a mesh bottom, intact it had no bottom floor it was just on the grass :(

thankfully i have not been involved with rescue work so have not seen really bad housing first hand.

i think the 2 storey 5 ft hutch with two buns and the wilde X babies was as awful as it gets for me :( but thankfully it was short term and now that evil coffin is in a large enclosure and the girls climb up on top to have a nose at the world about them :love:

bunnies were never left in their own pee and poop tho it was just the lack of space that was the issue.. now they are very happy angels :love:

Back