• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you suggest for a group of 8?

I'm buying two of these when I move into my new house.
http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/BillyOh-Lincoln-Overlap-Apex

The 12ft x 8ft. One will be for rescue, and one will be for my rabbits. I will be making an aviary style run with slabs as flooring to attach onto the 12 x 8ft shed. If Bunnies don't get along I will have a divider. :)

How big should I make the run? Or should I go for as big as possible :roll: :lol:

Dont buy this hut I bought the same one about 6 months ago and its faalling apart. go for a shiplap one instead

I'm going to buy this one first, mostly because I'm insulating it on the inside, and secondly because it's for the rescue and they'll be in hutch's inside the shed :lol: If they manage to destroy it I'll be impressed. :roll:

And I'd not expect their bond to break however if all had to go in for vacc's I'd simply have them in one of those boot dog crate things.

I'm going to buy this one first, mostly because I'm insulating it on the inside, and secondly because it's for the rescue and they'll be in hutch's inside the shed :lol: If they manage to destroy it I'll be impressed. :roll:

And I'd not expect their bond to break however if all had to go in for vacc's I'd simply have them in one of those boot dog crate things.

For that many vacs you might be able to get the vet to do a home visit :)

http://www.woodcraft-uk.com/store/store.php?crn=205&rn=380&action=show_detail not read the whole of the thread I will go back but this bloke is hartlepool based, apparently, and his sheds look really well built and are 6ft tall, which I would change about mine if I could

OK, Back. would definately recommend buying shiplap, as it is so much better in terms of insulation, keeping the rain out and not/ making it difficult for buns to destroy.

If you couldn't afford a shiplap kennel you could consider a shiplap shed and buy aviery panels and corrugated plastic to protect it.

I would also think about what happens if they didn't bond, or if the bond broke down. Mine have been a 6 in the past a few times, but I seem to end up with skinny buns, although they sometimes have bullying, they sometimes didn't and were just not happy together :( Hence why Belle and Frank are in the hutch.

Last edited:
Thank you for link will take a look. I'm looking for a cheap easy solution for keeping the sheds under lock and key as well as dry for cleaning out time. But I may sell it and get a large custom built on in it's place. I've seen one on one forum that's like stables as you walk in. :love:

Back