• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you suggest for a group of 8?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
I know I'm pushing my luck :shock: But I'm already slowly bonding all eight of my rabbits into one big group. I move soon and think this is perfect timing to start introductions.

What would you recommend me to keep eight in? My gardens going to be quite big.

The largest Dog Kennel/run thing I can find :lol: I like dog kennels as they look well sheltered and I can fit inside of them.

I like the look of those dog kennels too. I'd get a nice big kennel with attached run as a perminant housing. I'd probably attach or make a "shut off" run for added space during the day perhaps :) I guess it all depends on how big the kennel housing and run are. That many bunnies can never have enough space ;)

Naturally, you would require a building approximately 10ft x 12ft. . .

I believe the 'Wharfedale Twin Apex 10ft x 12ft Dog Kennel with Mesh Front Run' would be of an appropriate size. . .

I think with that many I'd go for building a fixed enclosure with fence posts, mesh and a gate. You'd need a couple of uprights in the middle to support the roof. Obviously you'd need to limit digging either by concreting it or burying mesh. You could build in some tunnels etc. though. Then something like a wendy house for shelter plus a few other semi sheltered areas - could pick up a few cheap small hutches etc. for extra shelters to give them space if they want to be on their own.

As big as possible :) I would anyway. Saying that though I guess you should go for as big as possible even if you only have the one rabbit :) I'd probably secotion off the bottom half of the garden...obviously depending on how big your garden is. I'd probably make it avery style too so you can walk in but bird of pray, cats etc cant get in :) My worst fear of a free roaming rabbit is birds. I've seen one or two before in our very very busy estate/town.

You seem to be able to afford to do all this easily........new house, new large shed, new enclosure. So I have two questions for you.....what do you do? And how do you do it? :shock:

I wish I had that much money :(

Last edited:
I thought about bonding all seven of mine into a group... it'd be so nice to see them all together.

I had a re-think though when I realised there was no way I'd be able to take all seven to the vet if one got ill and I wouldn't want to risk just taking the ill one to come home and find it wouldn't go back into the group.

If you haven't thought of that already (although I'm sure you will have!) it might be worth considering before you go ahead with the bond. Chances are one of the eight will need a vet trip sooner or later...

:lol::lol::lol: @ Laury! I have a wonderful mom who's willing to pay for me to move next to her, and a wonderful boyfriend who's offered to help with shed costs. I have all the furniture bar a bed base and microwave ;) and my mom's business owns vans so I just need to pay something like £20 petrol for that. :D

Besides I've got my eye on a few part time jobs there, I'm hopefully gonna be working in a bank ;) wonder if they'll give me free money :roll: :lol:

@ Georgie, yeah I've had my worries about that. I'm researching as to which vets in my area is most rabbit savy and will be ringing them as soon as I sign the tenancy explaining situation and hopefully I'll have discount and credit! If not I always have our savings for emergency vet funds.

@Julia, I can't see the link, at Pixie Rabbit Sanctuary on facebook :)

Here it is :D

69090_482578183351_567208351_6869709_3377884_n.jpg

ahhh man :/ You all make me so jealous and make me want to live your lives! On the plus side...I have redone Thumpers run today! Looks AWESOME! If some one tells me how to upload photos on here i'll post them ;)

The shed is a lovely size, but bunnies tend to destroy overlap very quickly. Would be a shame to buy such a lovely shed and have them destroy it.

Shiplap is better for buns.

@ Georgie, yeah I've had my worries about that. I'm researching as to which vets in my area is most rabbit savy and will be ringing them as soon as I sign the tenancy explaining situation and hopefully I'll have discount and credit! If not I always have our savings for emergency vet funds.

I was thinking more along the lines of how would I physically get a bonded group of seven to the vets all at once rather than cost.

Like, with bonded pairs, you're supposed to take both along even if only one is being treated. I wouldn't have been able to get seven rabbits to the vet by myself. The only option for me would have been to just take the ill one to the vet and then re-bond when we came home again. I didn't fancy having to do that after each vet trip so I never tried to bond the group.

Of course, it didn't help that one of my seven weighs 7kg. If your eight are all small bunnies, I should think it would be fairly do-able! :)

:wave: I've always taken mine to the vets seperately & have never had any problems.
I think it would be more of a problem if they were seperated for long periods of time.
Good luck with the bonding :D

Back