• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do?/new rabbit *NEW U/D Page6*

WELL DONE!! What a lucky little girl she is. Fingers crossed something can be done about the others. Aside from taking them all in (flat is just not big enough) let me know if there's anything else you think I might be able to do.
Am not sure where you're based.
She'll soon fill out with your love and attention. She just needs some nice food to get her gut going. For that reason, if she were my bun I would call her Flora. x

What about Bonnie as in Bon Chance??

Oh my gosh, that is sooo weird - I was looking at names online and kept coming back to Bonnie :shock: I liked it because it means pretty girl :D I think we have a winner? That's really strange cause the same thing happened when I was naming Phoebe An - I liked the name Phoebe and the first person to reply suggested Phoebe :lol: Does she look like a Bonnie? I appreciate opinions as it was you lot that helped me get her :D

Shes certainly a Bonnie girl...and shes had the luck too!! I reckon it fits!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Yes Bonnie is lovely!! It definitely suits her.

Gosh she is so lucky. I am SO pleased for you and for her.

I agree with what some others have posted about dissuading her from breeding because of lack of buyers due to credit crunch and whether or not the offer of buying the others from her would work - though I guess the two are kind of contradictory to each other?!! So probably wouldnt work to do both... Though you could say more people are looking to rehome than to buy babies (ie us lot!! :)).

RSPCA again seems a good idea. Well done and good luck for the rest.

she is a very pretty bunny, and i think bonnie is a really nice name for her. my mum's yorkie dog is called bonnie, so i definately think a very cute name (my mums bonnie is a spoilt little brat though! lol!)

poor other bunnies, i hope you can get the RSPCA to help them.

Well done! What great news! I really hope the RSPCA can help you and the remaining buns now, they need to work their magic!

I am back with an update :wave:

Since I last wrote, my hubby has claimed Bonnie as his own and renamed her Honey :lol: His friends would be in hysterics if they heard him calling his 'little honey bee' :roll::lol: Anyway, she is doing brilliantly, eating well and generally enjoying the simple things in life, mainly hay & space to more around. For the first few days she wouldn't hop, she kind of walked, and she crouched right down :( Then it was as if she realised she was able to stand up tall and now she's hopping round and standing up all the time :) Her confidence is growing, she's already learned that poking her nose through the bars of her cage gets her some fuss :lol: She is very sweet (no pun intended!) and not at all aggressive despite not being spayed yet (Phoebe An has been spayed but she's still a norty bunny!) She very much reminds me of my darling Hugo, who was a big softy :love:
Honey Bee...

Photo-0016-Copy2.jpg

I am back with an update :wave:

Since I last wrote, my hubby has claimed Bonnie as his own and renamed her Honey :lol: His friends would be in hysterics if they heard him calling his 'little honey bee' :roll::lol: Anyway, she is doing brilliantly, eating well and generally enjoying the simple things in life, mainly hay & space to more around. For the first few days she wouldn't hop, she kind of walked, and she crouched right down :( Then it was as if she realised she was able to stand up tall and now she's hopping round and standing up all the time :) Her confidence is growing, she's already learned that poking her nose through the bars of her cage gets her some fuss :lol: She is very sweet (no pun intended!) and not at all aggressive despite not being spayed yet (Phoebe An has been spayed but she's still a norty bunny!) She very much reminds me of my darling Hugo, who was a big softy :love:
Honey Bee...

Photo-0016-Copy2.jpg

OMG! I have just been reading through this thread, getting more and more into it and thinking about what a wonderful and brave thing you have done for that rabbit, and then you asked about names....I immediately thought Honey!!! :shock::lol: But then I saw you had named her Bonnie so I had decided by page 3 or whatever not to bother suggesting it! :lol:
She definitely looks like a Honey to me, gorgeous :love:
And well done you :thumb:

Any news re. the RSPCA and remaining buns?

I am going to report the other buns to the rspca next week (didn't want to make it too obvious it was me - these people don't live that far away and they will make trouble :?) My sister is also going to report them (hopefully 2 reports are better than one?) The only thing I'm worried about is if they work out it was me who reported them and then ask for Honey back - are they able to do that? I haven't got any proof I bought her from them, what if they say I stole her or something and the rspca give her back to them? :shock: Anyone know where I'd stand? :(

I am going to report the other buns to the rspca next week (didn't want to make it too obvious it was me - these people don't live that far away and they will make trouble :?) My sister is also going to report them (hopefully 2 reports are better than one?) The only thing I'm worried about is if they work out it was me who reported them and then ask for Honey back - are they able to do that? I haven't got any proof I bought her from them, what if they say I stole her or something and the rspca give her back to them? :shock: Anyone know where I'd stand? :(

How did you pay? cash? Have you got a cashpoint receipt? Didn't she give you food as well? That would indicate her intention to hand her over....and probably help establish a contract had been formed. A contract is a contract - whether verbal or otherwise. It's proof that is needed :)

How did you pay? cash? Have you got a cashpoint receipt? Didn't she give you food as well? That would indicate her intention to hand her over....and probably help establish a contract had been formed. A contract is a contract - whether verbal or otherwise. It's proof that is needed :)

I haven't got any receipts or anything because I had the money in the house, but she did give me some of her food, which I've still got - I didn't think of that...also if she tried to say I stole her, surely they would ask why it hadn't been reported?

Thanks for your reply :wave:

I thought you might like an update on Honey Bee :)
Honey is now a cheeky,brave bunny :D She is meant to be my husbands bun but I have a soft spot for her partly due to her remarkable likeness to Hugo Braveheart's character, she helps me remember his funny ways :) She is not his replacement, she's her own bun! If you dare walk past her without talking to her, she tells you off by thumping :lol: She has recently discovered the joys of banana, and runs in a circle when she see's you're going to give her a piece :love:
I reported the other buns to the RSPCA but didn't hear back from them, however, I spoke to the woman who owns them (who had the cheek to ask if I was looking after her :censored:) and she said she's rehomed two others, so I wonder if the RSPCA asked them to reduce numbers? Hopefully the ones she still has are getting more attention and in turn, better care.

Photo-00192-1.jpg
Photo-00232-1.jpg

Suggling up on my shoulder :love:

Photo0203.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you might like an update on Honey Bee :)
Honey is now a cheeky,brave bunny :D She is meant to be my husbands bun but I have a soft spot for her partly due to her remarkable likeness to Hugo Braveheart's character, she helps me remember his funny ways :) She is not his replacement, she's her own bun! If you dare walk past her without talking to her, she tells you off by thumping :lol: She has recently discovered the joys of banana, and runs in a circle when she see's you're going to give her a piece :love:
I reported the other buns to the RSPCA but didn't hear back from them, however, I spoke to the woman who owns them (who had the cheek to ask if I was looking after her :censored:) and she said she's rehomed two others, so I wonder if the RSPCA asked them to reduce numbers? Hopefully the ones she still has are getting more attention and in turn, better care.

Photo-00192-1.jpg
Photo-00232-1.jpg

Suggling up on my shoulder :love:

Photo0203.jpg

She looks so happy! She's gorgeous!! I bet you're so happy you saved her!! :love::love::love:

Back