• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do?/new rabbit *NEW U/D Page6*

Brilliant. Really well done. Thank goodness for people like you. That one bun is very lucky and hopefully something can be done about the others. Definitely a good idea to get the RSPCA back involved. If you can broach the subject, tell her breeders aren't making any money at the moment as no one is taking in pets due to credit crunch - then she'll have more hungry mouths to feed. I will happily pay £15 each for all the others if we can organise for them to go to a proper rescue (I have a small flat in London so sadly can't take them all in) - so maybe that could be an option if all else fails. £120 in her pocket might be an incentive for her.

Well done! It must have been hard leaving all the others! Call the RSPCA as soon as you have the little thing! Coming into THAT world must be terrible!!

Here is the little girl I am hopefully picking up later today :wave:

Photo-0129.jpg

She's beautiful! Doesn't look as bad as I thought she would! At least she is clean, thank goodness!

She's beautiful! Doesn't look as bad as I thought she would! At least she is clean, thank goodness!

Outwardly she looks in ok condition but the floor of that cage is damp with urine and her sleep area as is literally 3 inches deep with poop, also her fur absolutely stinks. There is a bit of sawdust on the floor but no hay or straw - to be fair, all the rabbits look in *ok* condition - it's their hutches that are an absolute disgrace.

I took a big sigh of relief when I saw her!...but obviously didn't see the conditions...I can imagine the smell!!!:(

I took a big sigh of relief when I saw her!...but obviously didn't see the conditions...I can imagine the smell!!!:(

I did try to get a picture of inside the hutch but the woman asked me what I was doing so I said something lame about my phone camera being temperamental and only working in certain light or something :roll: I'm such an idiot :lol: she didn't question it though, I was just happy to get a quick pic to share on here :wave:

I can't get hold of the woman - she's not answering her door or phone...praying she hasn't changed her mind - will keep you all posted...

I would like to thank God for answering my prayers - I'VE GOT HER! :D:D:D
She is petrified from never being handled. She looks big but she is very boney (nothing that some good food won't fix hopefully :)) Apparently she's the womans favourite - amazing what £15 can do :roll: I took some of the naff museli that she's been fed on but am going to wean her onto excel asap. I am SO relieved. Thank you everyone for your kind words and messages of support, I couldn't have done it without you :wave:

yaaaaaaay im so glad you got her :) Im sure she will thrive in your care!..she looks gorgeous.

Whats happened to the other buns? are they still there? :cry:

At least you have saved one lovely bun :love:

Here is the little girl I am hopefully picking up later today :wave:

Photo-0129.jpg

What a pleading look.....:(

Lucky little girl.What are you gonna call her??
Shes very pretty....mustve hurt loads to leave the others...
Hoping for positive outcome for the others too.

yaaaaaaay im so glad you got her :) Im sure she will thrive in your care!..she looks gorgeous.

Whats happened to the other buns? are they still there? :cry:

At least you have saved one lovely bun :love:

Yes, sadly the other buns are still there but I am going to do my absolute best to get the RSPCA to do something - my sister is also going to try and rehome one of them. It was incredibly difficult to only take one but as others have said, one is better than none I suppose. :wave:

What a pleading look.....:(

:cry:
She is in my bathroom atm and doesn't know what to do with herself - don't suppose she's ever had space to move around :cry:

Not sure about a name yet - didn't want to let myself think about it until I had her home...suggestions welcome :D

Poppet,princess,patsy!! Why Im staying with P is beyond me....
So hope she settles in.
She doesnt know it yet, but life is going to change for her in a blooming good way!!! Im really pleased.xxxxx

:cry:
She is in my bathroom atm and doesn't know what to do with herself - don't suppose she's ever had space to move around :cry:

Not sure about a name yet - didn't want to let myself think about it until I had her home...suggestions welcome :D

I think she should be 'lucky' :lol:

umm Sandy, Ella, Grace

She reminds me of cookie dough :lol::lol::lol: - so my suggestion is Cookie :love:

I like to give my animals human names...but cookie is soo cute...maybe that could be her middle name :lol:

Back