• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What rabbit breeds would you like?

Basically all :lol:
I'd love a nethie or two some day, and I'll definitely have a conti/flemish/british giant at some stage. Yellow dutchies are gorgeous, and I wish I'd had the tri-coloured snuggly rex I met at the RSPCA. I saw a lionhead/giant cross recently and he was a huge wild-maned thing, if I wasn't set on another frenchie at that stage I'd have snapped him up too!

Haha same! I read this thread and thought; ooh, i'd love a giant (any breed), then thought I'd love a nethie, and a dutch, and a lionhead. Then I began to think I wanted agoutis and belgian hares! I would love any bunny breed, which is quite lucky for me because I would always rescue :) :thumb:

A lot of thrianta fans on here, I'll be honest, owning six thriantas in the past few years has actually put me off the breed :oops: Anyone want Baby? :p (Joking, I couldn't part with the little cowbag)

Still love the rare varieties though, not the popular breeds like rex and nethies and lops :oops: I realllllly want a Rhinelander (A giant breed, very stocky with markings like an English but the spots are a mix of black and orange) and a Schwarzgrannen (A much smaller but still stocky breed with really pretty silver fur and dark eyes) :love:

Rhinelander - http://albc-usa.org/images/bluerhinelanderbuck6.jpg (although this is an American Rhinelander, they're shaped more like an English/Hare but in England they're much stockier)
Schwarzgrannen - http://www.kleintierzuchtverein-vogt.de/assets/images/1.0_Schwarzgannen.JPG

Schwarzgrannens aren't standardised in this country as far as I know (so rare the BRC doesn't even class them as a rare variety) but I saw one by itself amongst thousands of others at a big show and I was in love :love:

A lot of thrianta fans on here, I'll be honest, owning six thriantas in the past few years has actually put me off the breed :oops: Anyone want Baby? :p (Joking, I couldn't part with the little cowbag)

Still love the rare varieties though, not the popular breeds like rex and nethies and lops :oops: I realllllly want a Rhinelander (A giant breed, very stocky with markings like an English but the spots are a mix of black and orange) and a Schwarzgrannen (A much smaller but still stocky breed with really pretty silver fur and dark eyes) :love:

Rhinelander - http://albc-usa.org/images/bluerhinelanderbuck6.jpg (although this is an American Rhinelander, they're shaped more like an English/Hare but in England they're much stockier)
Schwarzgrannen - http://www.kleintierzuchtverein-vogt.de/assets/images/1.0_Schwarzgannen.JPG

Schwarzgrannens aren't standardised in this country as far as I know (so rare the BRC doesn't even class them as a rare variety) but I saw one by itself amongst thousands of others at a big show and I was in love :love:

How dare you get my hopes up like that!!!! :evil::lol:

My want for a thrianta is entirely shallow as I have no idea what their personalities are like, I just love orange bunnies and think thriantas are cute :oops:

How dare you get my hopes up like that!!!! :evil::lol:

My want for a thrianta is entirely shallow as I have no idea what their personalities are like, I just love orange bunnies and think thriantas are cute :oops:

You really want a self harming rabbit who hates all other rabbits and occasionally locks on to your arm when she feels like it? :shock: :lol: And well all mine have been completely different to be honest but they all seemed to hate other Thriantas and other rabbits of the same sex :oops: The only bond I've managed is between a female thrianta and two non-thrianta males. They are super cute though when they're not being little ***** :lol:

You really want a self harming rabbit who hates all other rabbits and occasionally locks on to your arm when she feels like it? :shock: :lol: And well all mine have been completely different to be honest but they all seemed to hate other Thriantas and other rabbits of the same sex :oops: The only bond I've managed is between a female thrianta and two non-thrianta males. They are super cute though when they're not being little ***** :lol:

Ok so maybe I do like my skin intact :lol: but I also love a good attitude on a bunny!! :lol:

I have always wondered what is it like to have a giant breed lolloping about.

But since having Rosie and Pebbles I am quite happy with the odd ball mix and match ones. Although I do like harlequin markings :)

OMG I want that exact rhinelander buck that is on the link you posted :love:

I really don't mind which bunneh... As long as it's a bunneh... :lol:;) I do love the giant breeds though. :love:

I will share this, I didn't think I was taken with lion heads... :shock::oops: it wasn't a breed that I was drawn too if that makes sense? But then Honey and Smudge arrived. All I knew at the time was that a lady with two rabbit sisters from pets at home didn't want them anymore. :( I didn't know what I was getting... :shock::lol: they are truly amazing bundles of floofiness! :lol: wouldn't change them for the world. :love::love:

I think it's more about bunny personality. :thumb:

It's got to be Belgian Hares. I do love agouti bunnies though especially wildies. Maybe one day I will have a large garden and wild bunnies playing!

I would love a conti some day. The only thing that puts me off is the short life span. Would love to know if anyone has had a conti that has lived to ten and that its not impossible.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to have a Rex again sometime in the future. I just adore the breed so much.

I would also love to have a Dutch one day. They're such beautiful bunnies :love:

I wouldn't mind a Belgian hare too, I had the option to adopt one two years ago when we took Bella to chose a friend but as soon as I saw Pickle I just fell in love. I'm so glad it all worked out as he's the best rabbit ever :love:

I absolutely love harlequin lops as well as uppy eared buns.

I just love the Rescue Breed :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have such a wonderful look about them I find them utterly irresistible :D

Oh dear, here we go....

I'd kill for a blue beveren!! So rare I've only seen one in rescue and then someone else beat me to it :evil::lol:

A Dutch in every colour

A Conti

A Rex

A Netherlands dwarf

A papillon

A wildie or wildie x

I have 2 mini lion lops, 1 mini lop & 1 lop x lionhead x god knows what. If you want a friendly & affectionate snuggle bun, I couldn't recommend the mini lop breed enough. My 3 are a total delight and I adore them :love: then if you want a rabbit with attitude, look no further than Slipper!! If he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it, he bites! Really soppy with other buns & quite low down the pecking order, but fiercely intelligent & considers himself superior to his hoomin slaves :roll::lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love my belgians-and of course my little lop but I must admit I would like a continental giant. one thing stops me and thats a conti woudn't fit down the runarround tunnel that is so integral to my set up.

I really don't mind which bunneh... As long as it's a bunneh... :lol:;) I do love the giant breeds though. :love:

I will share this, I didn't think I was taken with lion heads... :shock::oops: it wasn't a breed that I was drawn too if that makes sense? But then Honey and Smudge arrived. All I knew at the time was that a lady with two rabbit sisters from pets at home didn't want them anymore. :( I didn't know what I was getting... :shock::lol: they are truly amazing bundles of floofiness! :lol: wouldn't change them for the world. :love::love:

I think it's more about bunny personality. :thumb:

I never really loved lionheads either, but then I got Bea and she is fab and absoutley one of the most beautiful rabbits I've ever seen :love:. We joke that if she was human she'd be Beyonce, with her flowing mane and diva attitude :lol:.

I've never liked Dutches that much either but I've got one of those too and he is gorgeous :love::love::love:.

I think some breeds don't photograph that well, but are actually really cute in real life, where of the lop breeds are very obviously cute looking from all angles.

Oosh - lots and lots :lol:

I've recently got my dream french lops, and I am totally in love with them so I think I'll always have a frenchie now :love:

I'd like a nethie, thrianta, LOVE a Californian too.

Back