• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What pet carrier to get?

Great photos:) Leo will have loads of space in there - max time he is in it is half an hour for vets or to get to boarding next month.

Just could not risk using a box with 1 clasp broken - Il try the guineas in broken one but can see them having a new box for safety. Liking the seat belt idea - I get in a right mess trying to secure all the boxes in the back of the car!

Hope it arrives soon, trouble is typically I spotted more things to order:roll:

wow they are huge, i thought they was smaller and thats why i thought alvin would be able to spring out.. loads of room in there.. i want one

*stamps feet*

Great photos:) Leo will have loads of space in there - max time he is in it is half an hour for vets or to get to boarding next month.

Just could not risk using a box with 1 clasp broken - Il try the guineas in broken one but can see them having a new box for safety. Liking the seat belt idea - I get in a right mess trying to secure all the boxes in the back of the car!

Hope it arrives soon, trouble is typically I spotted more things to order:roll:

:lol: I was very good and just ordered the travel box, so didn't get the free delivery, it the first time I've used this company so hope it is going to be alright, I am hoping that because it is new and different, I might confuse mine into just going in when it's vet time for vacs :lol:

I had to get some food and hay saves me carrying it on the bus! Free p&p was a good saving too.

Need a nice cushion/pad to go in the bottom on the travel box - have gone for newspaper and hay before but can cause a mess at the vets so might try a fleece but knowing Leo he will get all wrapped up in it:lol::roll:

Need a nice cushion/pad to go in the bottom on the travel box

I have one of those carriers too and can highly recommend it. :D If Tracy is still making them, you could get a fleece blanket pad made to size; that's what I've got in mine. ;) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216424

The top opening is a huge bonus - it's far easier to lift them out than put your hands in the front door to drag them out. Sometimes one hops out when I open the lid to put the other in, but generally I manage to open the lid just enough to get a bunny through the gap. I don't have the lid right open like the picture on the link. :)

CIMG1819.jpg

I want one with Mittens in it :love::love: Mine just comes with two moody and shaking black buns :roll: but its still a fab carrier!

I have the cabrio one too. Loads of room, really easy to get buns in and out. My only dig is that it's quite heavy compaired to some other carriers especially with buns inside.

I have the cabrio one too. Loads of room, really easy to get buns in and out. My only dig is that it's quite heavy compaired to some other carriers especially with buns inside.

Oh thats a good excuse for me to rope OH in to coming with me to the vets and paying then :lol:

Oh thats a good excuse for me to rope OH in to coming with me to the vets and paying then

Last time Hubby helped me at the vets as I had 4 seperate carrier and clearly only 2 arms with which to carry them he helped me carry them in the dissapeared outside on his phone. The poor vet had to help me get them all in and out of the consultation room.

Last time Hubby helped me at the vets as I had 4 seperate carrier and clearly only 2 arms with which to carry them he helped me carry them in the dissapeared outside on his phone. The poor vet had to help me get them all in and out of the consultation room.

Thats naughty, I have had a vet help me aswell - you feel awful but, I don't think they mind, they are human afterall, funny how different they are though, some are really helpful and others (the older ones) are a bit more stand backish if you see what I mean, there is one young vet at the surgery I go and he is lovely, so personable and helpful, nothing is too much trouble, he makes the owner feel relaxed aswell as the animal :lol:

I have one of those carriers too and can highly recommend it. :D If Tracy is still making them, you could get a fleece blanket pad made to size; that's what I've got in mine. ;) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216424

The top opening is a huge bonus - it's far easier to lift them out than put your hands in the front door to drag them out. Sometimes one hops out when I open the lid to put the other in, but generally I manage to open the lid just enough to get a bunny through the gap. I don't have the lid right open like the picture on the link. :)

I remember seeing your one aaggges ago and meant to order one then, other things at the time and so forgot, really pleased this thread popped up. Are those fleeces still available then?

I'm actually considering if Argos still sell those wheelie things that the Apprentice kids made. Reckon they'd be good for wheeling my big carrier on?

Mines just arrived :D Good service - it needs to be assembled and I'm pushed for time atm - will do it later, has the OP got theirs ?:wave:

That was quick. :D I remember it being a little hard to assemble (or perhaps I'm just very dim :oops:) so good luck. :lol:

Back