• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have I done RU?! UPDATE... Roo is a boy

Nothing's ever simple is it! Well the boys will either get on or they won't You just never know until you try it. I am really sorry.

I don't think anything with rabbits ever goes quite to plan... Only good thing is that he can be neutered a little bit earlier and I can have a go at bonding. I'll work something out if they don't get one but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it haha :)

Oh dear!! Well I have two males living together as part of a trio and despite a bit of a difficult initial bond they are really loved up. I also have two pairs of boys coming for boarding quite regularly, so it's definitely possible :D

I've just seen your thread, oh what a handsome bunny Roo is (love that name) and so lucky to have picked you :thumb: I'm sure he's going to be a very happy bun, whether inside/outside, bonded/not bonded. Good on you for taking him away from that horrible situation. X

Oh dear!! Well I have two males living together as part of a trio and despite a bit of a difficult initial bond they are really loved up. I also have two pairs of boys coming for boarding quite regularly, so it's definitely possible :D

That's really encouraging to hear! :) Fergie is a couple of years older and is quite a bossy bun so I hope Roo is nice and placid... I am tempted to get a rescue to do it - never done a boy-boy bond and Fergie thinks EVERYWHERE is his so don't know if we'd have a good neutral space :lol:

I've just seen your thread, oh what a handsome bunny Roo is (love that name) and so lucky to have picked you :thumb: I'm sure he's going to be a very happy bun, whether inside/outside, bonded/not bonded. Good on you for taking him away from that horrible situation. X

Thank you! Not ideal at the moment but nothing could be worse than a little metal box and then god knows what... Think he knew that he was being sold wrong - if he'd gone as a doe to a breeder I don't think they'd be very happy! :)

I've had plenty of male/male couples too.

I'd get a rescue to do it for you though - easier and a good way of supporting them. :wave:

Thank you! Not ideal at the moment but nothing could be worse than a little metal box and then god knows what... Think he knew that he was being sold wrong - if he'd gone as a doe to a breeder I don't think they'd be very happy! :)
He's a pretty baby so probably would have sold as a pet..it's the plain black and rew Adults that end up with no bids and only interest is the greyhound men :(

Well well well you have a little boy!!!

I think everything happens for a reason ... so ... you are going to find out why for you? Maybe they will bond - some people have great bonds with two males. Hopefully Ferg can put Roo in his place :lol: Your life is nothing if not eventful Holhol!

He's a pretty baby so probably would have sold as a pet..it's the plain black and rew Adults that end up with no bids and only interest is the greyhound men :(

There was a scary looking man with a shaved head buying up lots of them that was interested in Roo, I think he ended up buying about half of the rabbits :(

I'm not going to any more auction things, I was planning on avoiding them but my group wanted to go and see - I'm blaming them for this! :lol:

There was a scary looking man with a shaved head buying up lots of them that was interested in Roo, I think he ended up buying about half of the rabbits :(

I'm not going to any more auction things, I was planning on avoiding them but my group wanted to go and see - I'm blaming them for this! :lol:

Wonder who he was? A pet shop owner? Or selling to restaurants?

I have no idea, he didn't look like a bunny man but the ones he was buying were young so I HOPE he was a pet shop.
There were a lot of breeders there buying the mini lops and nethies too. And a woman who just bid on everything so we decided she was a hoarder or a pet shop!

Loads of the rabbits sold for about £1.50, Roo was an expensive one because he was a "doe"

I have no idea, he didn't look like a bunny man but the ones he was buying were young so I HOPE he was a pet shop.
There were a lot of breeders there buying the mini lops and nethies too. And a woman who just bid on everything so we decided she was a hoarder or a pet shop!

Loads of the rabbits sold for about £1.50, Roo was an expensive one because he was a "doe"

£1.50??

A rabbit's life isn't worth much, is it? :cry:

Doubt a meat man supplying restaurants would be there..tends to be bad back yard breeders, pet shops, uneducated people getting a cheap pet and greyhound trainers...now and then you get the odd rescue if they have space. the lady buying a lot may have been a rescue as I know of one that goes there regularly to buy bunnies..sadly don't think the spey them though ..hope they at least vacs and health check ..and of course homecheck. As said on other thread I've been there a couple of times..really awful..first time myself and person with me ended up in tears as was just awful..link here
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...e-Mission-Accomplished/page2&highlight=market

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?110890-The-Christmas-Collection-rescues

Doubt a meat man supplying restaurants would be there..tends to be bad back yard breeders, pet shops, uneducated people getting a cheap pet and greyhound trainers...now and then you get the odd rescue if they have space. the lady buying a lot may have been a rescue as I know of one that goes there regularly to buy bunnies..sadly don't think the spey them though ..hope they at least vacs and health check ..and of course homecheck. As said on other thread I've been there a couple of times..really awful..first time myself and person with me ended up in tears as was just awful..link here
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...e-Mission-Accomplished/page2&highlight=market

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?110890-The-Christmas-Collection-rescues

I hated it too, I was upset I couldn't bring them all home. I just can't believe the prices they go for

I hope it was the rescue woman - it's nice to know there is someone trying to help them x

Roo is just gorgeous! I hope he bonds with Ferg :)

Honeybunny I didn't realise markets like that still exist :( (Naive of me I suppose). But well done for rescuing all those buns. I don't think I could stomach going to such a market. When I was in Thailand (I was 14) we were at a market that happened to sell dogs and it was just heartbreaking, I was in tears!

I think he's what Frances Harcourt Brown would call a 'proper bunny'!

And look at the little white mark on his front paw! :love:

Just made for you :love:

I think he's what Frances Harcourt Brown would call a 'proper bunny'!

And look at the little white mark on his front paw! :love:

Just made for you :love:

He has two little white paws, he is gorgeous and definitely proper bunny shaped :)

Going to try and get him to the vets on Friday afternoon for a health check - he's skinny and his poos still aren't great but I'm putting that down to stress right now. Got him eating a little bit more today which is good, think he's going to be a fussy one with hay though!

He has two little white paws, he is gorgeous and definitely proper bunny shaped :)

Going to try and get him to the vets on Friday afternoon for a health check - he's skinny and his poos still aren't great but I'm putting that down to stress right now. Got him eating a little bit more today which is good, think he's going to be a fussy one with hay though!

Yes I thought he looked a little on the skinny side, but I thought that might be cos he was a young 'un :D

He looks like a ginger-er version of Aboleth, long and lean as you say :) I have a supertiny mezzanine-style hutch (so, a shelter space) if you need it, should be able to fit it in the car...! We don't have any concrete plans for it but will use it if it stays, so you're welcome to it if you could use it :)

He looks like a ginger-er version of Aboleth, long and lean as you say :) I have a supertiny mezzanine-style hutch (so, a shelter space) if you need it, should be able to fit it in the car...! We don't have any concrete plans for it but will use it if it stays, so you're welcome to it if you could use it :)

That's a lovely offer thank you :) I think we're getting him a puppy pen and he's going in my mums bedroom at least for a little while, but thank you! :)

Back