• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What feed do you use for your bunny/ies?

What do you feed your bunny/ies?

• Allen and page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burgess Normal

• Burgess Light

• Science Selective

• Wagg Optimum

• Other, please state.

• Total voters
twilightpagan said:
Is that a good price??dont no the going rate on these as i can never find them in the shops??
Yes it's a good price, the cheapest I've seen other than that is around £14.11 I think, some of the other places sell it for up to around £16. P&P generally seems to be around the £7-8 mark but you can order up to 3 sacks for that. The small bags are around £2.50-£2.70 each, my local Wyevale garden centre sells it, as well as a couple of other local pet shops/garden centre type places.

I recently discovered that my local vets can order it in for me for delivery the same week so I tend to use that now as it comes in a bulk delivery so I'm not paying as much overall :wink:

Quinn eats science selective and im trying to bribe rosie to stop eating the tesco food and eat science selective instead but shes not as convinced as quinn is

BirdieBun said:
all my bunnies have a&p and veg everyday (apart from bambi who also has a&p accompanied by Ryvita, dry weetabix, shredded wheat or last night i caught my o/h giving her cheese and tomato pizza, at least it wasnt a meat pizza otherwise i would have gone mad!)

OMG he use to give little man chicken too. Naughty Jon.

I use rabbit royale and have healthy buns. They dont pick and choose the bits, I especially like the dried dandelion heads in it. Looks like I am in the minority though with RR!

Louisa

loulouembers said:
I use rabbit royale and have healthy buns. They dont pick and choose the bits, I especially like the dried dandelion heads in it. Looks like I am in the minority though with RR!

Louisa

I used to feed that, it's wonderful food! and smells great but usless if you have buns who will pick out the nice bits!

loulouembers said:

Louisa

I use rabbit royale and our 2 LOVE it! I've just bought a bag of the Burgess Supa Excell to try and change them onto that as we can only get Rabbit Royale in 20kg bags and we only manage to use 1/2 of it before it goes off! It's a shame coz I like Rabbit Royale!

melaniejb said:
I use rabbit royale and our 2 LOVE it! I've just bought a bag of the Burgess Supa Excell to try and change them onto that as we can only get Rabbit Royale in 20kg bags and we only manage to use 1/2 of it before it goes off! It's a shame coz I like Rabbit Royale!

I just looked up our suppliers price list and it says you can get rabbit royale in 2kg bags as well as the 20kg

My 3 adult rabbits don't have commercial food just hay and a selection of veg every day. Dexter has Science selective as well because he is only a baby. When he is fully grown he will just have hay and veg too.

/

My permanent buns have A & P natural pellets..the rescues have
either A & P or Science Selective or Burgess Excell..they normally start on Wagg Bunny Brunch mix as most are fed on cheap mix before they come in and then I wean them onto one of the 3 extruded pellets..I prefer A & P but can't always gets buns to eat it easily and the rescues normally need feeding up..SS always works! :D

what feed do you use

Hi :) my bunnies love belverdere feeds mix :) i used to give them rabbit royale which they loved but i think that belverdere is the best for them :wink:

Re: /

honeybunny said:
My permanent buns have A & P natural pellets..the rescues have
either A & P or Science Selective or Burgess Excell..they normally start on Wagg Bunny Brunch mix as most are fed on cheap mix before they come in and then I wean them onto one of the 3 extruded pellets..I prefer A & P but can't always gets buns to eat it easily and the rescues normally need feeding up..SS always works! :D
Where do you get the A&P jill?

I use Burgess exell... its easier to get hold of around here... I have only seen ss in one place and I have never seen the A&P pellets anywhere!!! Sophie eats Exel as though she has never been fed before!!! :shock: :lol:

I use the Burgess Normal. Have TRIED to get them all onto SS but they are just not interested :roll: :roll: And nearly toothless Muirne will ONLY eat the most rubbishy 'Pet Shop Cereal Mix' :roll: :roll: As she cant eat hay(NO TEEF = NO EAT HAY :roll: :roll: ) I have thrown the Bunny diet 'rule book' out of the window with her... :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

AlisonA said:
twilightpagan said:
Is that a good price??dont no the going rate on these as i can never find them in the shops??
Yes it's a good price, the cheapest I've seen other than that is around £14.11 I think, some of the other places sell it for up to around £16. P&P generally seems to be around the £7-8 mark but you can order up to 3 sacks for that. The small bags are around £2.50-£2.70 each, my local Wyevale garden centre sells it, as well as a couple of other local pet shops/garden centre type places.

I recently discovered that my local vets can order it in for me for delivery the same week so I tend to use that now as it comes in a bulk delivery so I'm not paying as much overall :wink:

My local pet warehouse gets SS for me, £12 for a 10kg bag, it might be worth asking for your pet shop to get it in for you, rather than pay postage.

Back