• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your partners/Oh's/Boyfriends etc think of your rabbits?

My OH was ambivalent about getting rabbits at first, he was up for it because he knew it would make me happy and it was my 30th birthday present.

When we met Twinkle and Star though, all I can say is that he was absolutely smitten from then onwards. He didnt realise how amazing they were, how interesting and fun they were. He is very protective of them and does a lot of the looking after of them. He later converted the shed for them (with some arm twisting) even though it meant getting rid of his bike to his parents house!! :lol:

He was totally up for having house rabbits, though I guess he was a bit more cautious than me. He loves Fay and thinks she is beautiful and Starbuck is our little man. My OH is always saying "Oh Starbuck did this today...or Fay was nudging me for treats again" or whatever it might be. :love:

Den thought bunnies were a phase I would got though, Like a child does. However I thinks he realises that they are here to stay. He didn't even complain when their new set up arrived, I expected complaints of too big blot on the garden etc, but I just got, it looks very professional.

I didn't even get a complaint whe I brought Frankie in on Friday, but he seemed to think Kay was coming to pick him up rather than drop the crate off:roll: I think he realises that I only have their best interests at heart. If anything His biggest complaint is that I am on here so often :roll:

:lol: I'd have him! He's a gorgeous little bunny.

My housemate has been very funny - he didn't care much for Clover and Blackberry but when we got Hope and Faith [I sneaked them in, naughty me! :oops:] and I said they were litter trained he said "well let them run round the house then!" rather than confining them to the kitchen, and when Hope got ill he didn't complain at all about me bringing the small run into the living room to separate her from Faith, and helped me move it again into the kitchen so she can still see Faith without getting her food pinched. :lol: I think he's learning to love them now.

Well my hubby behaves like hes not bothered at all for them, but then he makes fantastic hutches and runs :lol: so I believe he secretly loves them but wont admit it :lol:

:wave: my hubby loves the buns as much as me, they are ours not mine..he has worked so hard building new accomadation this year ,he always helps feed them ,clean them out etc... and hes always talking to them ..
we :love::love::love: them xx

My OH wasnt really bothered about my bunnies at first then when i decided to have them indoors he really started to bond with them. When Daisy was ill he would get up at 5 in the morning before he went to work to help me with her meds and when Gizmo had to stay at the vets over night i was worried about Daisy being lonely so he stayed up all night with her in the front room as i had work the next day! :love:
Even when ive had to spend loads of money he doesnt complain anymore as he knows how much they mean to me, he even suggested we get another one! which we did :love: sooty :love:
But then he keeps snakes and spiders so he cant really complain about my buns!!

My OH has warmed to the buns...neither of us have had ant pets whilst married, and was a bit unsure when I suggested it, but he was fine with Bella...he doesn't pick her up but will happily feed her and put cover down, let her out etc....then when I suggested adopting Oscar he still was fine with that even took me to collect him from Yorkshire on the bun run! :lol:.....now he's helped with the bonding, lets them out ..more open to ideas of housing and is making a dog kennel and run for them this yr...so a lot more interested....he really enjoys watching them together more than anything I think tho, particularly when playing in garden...even took a phooto of them for me last week because they was sat on top of the box in their combo play hutch :D ...he also helped me rescue 2 frenchies from not a nice home... but they are MY buns and I cover the costs for everything but I'm sure if need be he'd contribute:p
I don't think he ever saw the interest tbh and I guess it's not until you have a bun (but more than one) that you actually realise their characters and personalities....

J says 'they're alright' but he loves them really :lol:
I think it is the 'macho man' thing..... come on, they're bunnies, hardly a 'manly' pet :lol:
He worries about them when they have to have something done...and doesn't moan about the money I spend on them.
At christmas we both get each other a present from the buns, and they get spoilt rotten.
Although he does say that he's going to give Blue a pastry waistcoat and Marnie a pastry petticoat when they are being naughty :oops: :lol:
She is definitely a daddies girl though :roll: :lol:
And if he tries to deny it......I have photographic proof

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

Summer09078.jpg

Summer09087.jpg

ha ha bluesmum those pics are brilliant!

Bob belongs to both me and my OH as we chose him and got him together. He loves him loads and loads and he does all the cleaning out. He doesnt even try to hide the fact how much he loves him and we both talk to Bob in funny voices ha ha!

He even said today he had a tear in his eye after Bobs amputation but he was sure he would be fine and love us just as much.

So I have a gorgeous man aswell as bunny :love:

He loves them as much as me, and they're always OUR bunnies, not mine. :lol:

I came in the lounge earlier, OH's top was almost white with the fluff stuck on him, I asked him what he'd been doing - he answered 'hugging the babies'. :love:. Also Lavender was stomping her feet in the middle of the night a few days ago, he came downstairs to make sure she was ok, and apparently 'she just wanted a hug off her daddy'. He's such a softy!

Awww that's lovely :love: I want a man like that.

Rum & Raisin are our children, we chose them together, we raise them together, we love them together. Both of us would be beyond devastated if anything happened to either of them.

I just wish they loved us as much as we loved them, they're not very cuddling buns :(

Not my OH etc, but best friend Tom was totally weirded out by them to start with, just didnt know how to act around them. He found them totally distracting if they were around when we watch movies etc and used to freak if they jumped in his lap or climbed on him! :lol::lol:

But every time he comes over he tries a bit harder and is getting better with them. The other day, while i was getting ready, i caught him talking to them in a soppy baby voice over the baby gate to their room. And yesterday he gave Phoenix some headrubs and looked quite proud of himself!

My fiance tolerates them and it was a real battle to get him to agree to me getting them. However he has spent days building hutches and when they were sick he helped me look after them. The rabbits are outside in a big hutch and run but part of me would love to bring them inside but oh refuses. They don't help the matter as they are so very destructive, in the summer when they used to come in for a couple of hours they would chew the carpet, scratch the leather sofa and one time Cloud tore a strip of wallpaper off (i stuck it back down with pristick so oh wouldn't notice - it's mine and the rabbits little secret). They refuse to listen to the no command, Cloud just thumps at me and carries on doing what he wants to do. Ilove them to bits and he gets that but doesn't have any relationship with them. It worth noting they don't like him either!!

David loves all the rabbits as much as I do and he loves helping with them, He txts me every morning when he is at work asking if they are all ok, He doesn't like doing his 2pm til 10pm shift at work as he can't help me putting them all to bed and he says it seems a long week when he hasn't seen much of them on this shift.
I am really very lucky having such a wonderful caring husband who works all the hours and 7 days a week to pay for all of them:D

My OH only likes Milo. :lol: Deep down, he loves Eddison too, but Milo is his fav. Milo is much more social, whereas Eddison is a bit more stand-offish.

He also yells at me if I don't let *him* give Milo treats. He also makes Milo kiss him before he gives him the treats. :lol:

So for someone who started off disliking rabbits, he's come a long way!

Back