• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your partners/Oh's/Boyfriends etc think of your rabbits?

My OH didnt want pets, so I got Graham anyways. Then he didnt want any more so I got Strawberry. He was devasted when Graham died, then we got Snowdrop. He hasnt bonded much with Snowdrop as she is quite shy but strawberry is his "main man". When we got Bungle it was my OH who didnt want to rehome him so he stayed.

Awww :love:

I put up with my husband for 20 yrs, even gave up my cats to move in with him, & the only pets he let me have were hamsters & budgies (begrudgingly) & his tropical fish.

I finally kicked him out & moved kittens & bunny in....
Best thing I've ever done :lol::lol:

hahahahaah DITTO!!!!

i could never have got a rabbit if he was still here :lol:

My ex used to get really jealous of the bunnies. He used to say that I loved them more than him. But he did used to sneakly feed them treats and give them cuddles. I would catch him chatting to them in the garden. But he did fall out with Doona when she started excavating the garden just as the house was put back on the market.....

He must miss them since we split up as I get a text at least once a day asking how they are doing. Especially as Catkin hasn't been well.

My brother has a love-hate relationship with Doona. He doesn't bother with the others but whenever I ask him to help, Doona plays up and winds him up. I am sure she does it on purpose.

My OH loves the buns but he's a bit scared of them really:lol:

He'll check on them, feed them and make a fuss of them but won't clean them out:roll:

I don't think my boyfriend is that bothered about the buns, however if i ask he will help me with them eg clipping nails/feeding, and does like to stroke them.

They are not my bunnies, they are his too. They are our children (mine and the O/H's that is). My mum calls herself grandma to my bunnies and my dad grandad, his mum is second grandma! :lol:...I think everyone that knows me and Jay, know that the bunnies mean the world to us, sometimes I get jealous when he gives the bunnies more attention than me and same the other way around! :lol:, we take turns paying vet bills too, because his money is my money and my money is his.

We love them so much. :love:

I should add he likes the cats..but not likes the bunnies, he doesn't really like dogs or cats in general, though he had a special place in his heart for Basil (RIP Angel) and Sherry (sleep well darling). He's definately a bunny-man! :D

Last edited:
it started off as love and i know he cares for them because hes that type of bloke.. but i think now seeing how many times ive been in floods of tears over them he doesnt think they are worth the heartache they bring to me, im not sure if im starting to feel this way too :?. i guess now hes more indifferent towards them even though he tells me he loves them as much as our other animals, i guess he doesnt want to get as attached as i am so he stays distant apart from the odd treat time and picking up of Alvin :(

My OH moans about them but loves them really and he is now always the one saying 'can we keep so and so foster bun' and i have to say no!

If it wasnt for my OH we would probably still only have Lottie :? Dan was the one who wanted to keep George, and he admires George... George is his 'favourite'. He always cleans Lottie and George out, feeds them, does their litter trays :love: When i said i wanted a giant, well all of a sudden we had Ronnie :? And then Lola... He doesnt ever go and see Ron and Lols, he only ever bothers with Lottie and George. Dan can never say no to a bunny :?

He wanted to keep Paddy and Peaches when they were here, hence why he wasnt here when they went :oops: He didnt want to show he was upset of course ;)

When we argue though, the bunnies always become mine :roll: He thinks the world of them though :love:

Thinks they're very cute but still has them in the "wild animal" compartment in his head rather than the "domesticated animal" compartment. He also hates their pee and poop.

My o/h is fine about me bringing rabbits home,and he's ok with me fostering bunnies.
He never moans about how much I spend (but I don't tell him everything - I just get most of it delivered when he's at work), he paid £300 for install the electrics and heating in the sheds, and he's even offered to have the garden redesigned with a mega 3oft stable for the bunnies (if we decide were definately not moving), but he has no real interest in them individually, and often only knows which one I'm talking about if I tell him the colour:lol:

Simon is worse than me. I was shocked by how much he cried when Bungle died. We had already got Emily to bond with him and in the first instance he wanted to send her back.

However, we both decided that Bungle had come to us for a reason, we had learned so much about bunnies and we didnt want to waste that. We then got Muffin to bond with Emily and I thought that would have been it.

Simon went to the pet shop for supplies and kept going on and on about 4 babies that he had seen there, come the weekend, he dragged me in to look at them and he was distraught because one of them had already gone. At first I said No, No, No, but he kept begging.

In the end I said ok but we have to get a shed. Since then we have spent a fortune on getting the shed, insulation, building the double tier and double tier runs etc. Now, the babes are inside afterall and we are hoping to foster more buns.

Its probably a good job we dont have a bigger garden otherwise we would be opening a rescue of our own.

We are both very grateful to Bungle for introducing us to the joys of buns, the heartache that comes with them is well worth it.

I don't have a OH but Rudy's previous owner was given the ultimatum by her bloke: "the bunny or me".... I got the bunny and she got the bloke :?

..... :thumb: The rabbit doesn't have any bad habits that I can think of :lol::lol::lol: Bargain :D

My OH was pretty indifferent to Pie when I first got her. She was a birthday present from him but he wasnt brought up with animals so wasnt all that bothered.
Well now we live with him and he loves her to bits! He's now saying we need to get her a boyfriend when we move and now he's changed his mind and what 4 buns in the end (2 mini lops, a rex & flemish giant!) :roll:
Now if only he could love my reptiles and horses just as much! :lol:

If it wasnt for my OH we would probably still only have Lottie :? Dan was the one who wanted to keep George, and he admires George... George is his 'favourite'. He always cleans Lottie and George out, feeds them, does their litter trays :love: When i said i wanted a giant, well all of a sudden we had Ronnie :? And then Lola... He doesnt ever go and see Ron and Lols, he only ever bothers with Lottie and George. Dan can never say no to a bunny :?

He wanted to keep Paddy and Peaches when they were here, hence why he wasnt here when they went :oops: He didnt want to show he was upset of course ;)

When we argue though, the bunnies always become mine :roll: He thinks the world of them though :love:

Awwww I didnt realise that :( Bring him with you if you come to visit :D

john brought bugsy and malone for me for our first valentines day :D n now we have gypsi and toby too toby is his but i look after him!!! john loves animals so its all good :D:D:D:D:D

My parents secretly love for them and care for them very much, they still get called the "Bloody Rabbits" though ;)

Den thought bunnies were a phase I would got though, Like a child does. However I thinks he realises that they are here to stay. He didn't even complain when their new set up arrived, I expected complaints of too big blot on the garden etc, but I just got, it looks very professional.

I didn't even get a complaint whe I brought Frankie in on Friday, but he seemed to think Kay was coming to pick him up rather than drop the crate off:roll: I think he realises that I only have their best interests at heart. If anything His biggest complaint is that I am on here so often :roll:

Back