• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you pu in your sheds for your buns to sleep in

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
At the moment we have a group of 6 hopefully soon to be 8 living in a 6x4 shed with big run then free range the garden all day , the shed has a 5ft hutch in it that has the top layer filled with hay for sleeping but it takes up loads of room, I was thinking of 3 or 4 large toy boxs with lids on and a door cut in to sleep in plus they can hop on top but would they sweat in these? Any other suggestions of what to use, thinking of warmth in the winter really.

I would be tempted to put shelves in that can then be sectioned off underneath and made cosy. :D

I'll be following this thread as I'm getting sheds for my bunnies too so would be interested in the advice.
And by the way, hats off to you curlyanwurly - attempting bonding a 6 into an 8! Bravo!:thumb:

I'm going to follow too! I only have two buns in my shed but also have an old hutch which I would rather take out and create better sleeping compartment... I was thinking a large shelf or two that I can use to create a compartment underneath and then stuff with hay? How big does it need to be for 2 dwarf lops?? They both sleep in the hutch at mo but its prob only a foot wide and 4foot long!! Although seem to to love being snuggled up in it!!

We made the shelf in the playhouse half the size of the playhouse :D so it's 4ft long by 2.5ft wide. Loads of room underneath for snuggle boxes :D

Well my 2 Contis snuggle up in the underbed storage box that was meant to be their litter tray, so I don't think you need to go too big. I've got a little hutch (I mean very little, I would never in the world shut an animal in it!) from a local ebay seller for £7 and taken one door off and I'm going to put that in for extra snuggliness when it gets cold. Then they will probably decide to wee in it...:roll:

I would be tempted to put shelves in that can then be sectioned off underneath and made cosy. :D

Good idea.

I've used old pet carriers with the front doors taken off and then lined with paper and lovely fresh hay. Cardboard boxes are also good to keep bunsters warm.:thumb:

Good idea.

I've used old pet carriers with the front doors taken off and then lined with paper and lovely fresh hay. Cardboard boxes are also good to keep bunsters warm.:thumb:

My four have the same But have a layer of straw too. I had lovely fabric houses but they chewed them :roll:

Wow 8 buns - jealous! :D

Mine have a custom-made jump box from Boyle's pet housing - it fits a carpet tile on top and they mostly sleep up there. I fill the inside with hay (and straw and snugglesafe when it's cold)

(mine eat too much cardboard to be left alone with boxes, and they use anything enclosed as a toilet only!)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Thanks folks my OH is going to make a box with hinge lid which we can put hay in to keep them warm with a door for them to access it.
I have high hopes for the bond because for the past year they have all seen each other and nose rubbed through the gaps in the wooden gate that seperates them and all lay next go sach other through the gate.
I have 2 more that also live seperatly and am considering them joining the group too but will wait till tge others have settled down.

Back