• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you people think of this litter box?

okay rabbit people, explain this to me: how can this be true? that rabbit in the video sit on that tray for say 15 to 20 sec. and left. He is either peeing or doing his poo. How can a 20 to 30 sec. harm his feet in such a short time?

the other thing is, those rubber lots nice and soft

as to trapping the feet, look how small the holes are, how can their feet remotely ends up in the hole?

It's not about one 15-20 second visit, it's about how many times rabbits will visit the litter tray many times a day and it's repeatedly sitting/stepping on grids that long term may damage. I haven't watched the video but also rabbits like to poop where they eat so it's always recommended they have hay in/above their litter trays, so they should spend considerable amount of time in the litter tray. There is much better options, why do you want to use a grid should be the question? The grid is just an extra part that could be tricky to clean. Unless you have a long haired rabbit I can't see any benefit to the grid.

Also it is toes that could be trapped in the grid not the whole foot.

Hope you find something to suit your rabbits.

okay rabbit people, explain this to me: how can this be true? that rabbit in the video sit on that tray for say 15 to 20 sec. and left. He is either peeing or doing his poo. How can a 20 to 30 sec. harm his feet in such a short time?

the other thing is, those rubber lots nice and soft

as to trapping the feet, look how small the holes are, how can their feet remotely ends up in the hole?

It isn't an issue. They are not trapping feet or toes. Wire floor cages are pretty common in the US, that opinion that this is bad is very european, I guess because of our different traditions of wood floor hutches and that decade long struggle to get chicken out of tiny wire cages.

Yes, there is a cultural aspect to housing animals on grid bases, but I have had a few beasties who damaged their feet or broke bones by trapping toes in mesh or similar, including a dog, zebra mice and chipmunks - so it does happen.

It isn't an issue. They are not trapping feet or toes. Wire floor cages are pretty common in the US, that opinion that this is bad is very european, I guess because of our different traditions of wood floor hutches and that decade long struggle to get chicken out of tiny wire cages.
Nah in America is considered bad too, in fact housing your rabbit outdoors is considered not okay! People that have them on mesh are often outside and it's really looked down on by Americans who keep their buns as pets and know about their needs!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

so I have been using towels for about 20 years. It works. There are 3 pee spot in the house, they go to the spot where the towel is, and they pee on it.

The problem is, the pee on rare occasion, go thru the towel and ends up in the carpet. So I'm looking for a better solution. Then the other day, it comes that video from that lady, so I thought it's a better solution.

Back