• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you keep your rabbits on?

What's under your run?

• Grass

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Paving/concrete/similar

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Other (pray tell)

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
My bunnies are free range! They are on carpets, grass and the path! I sometimes think it would have been easier to make a pen!:wave:

We keep the boarders runs on paving slabs and move one of them onto grass every now and then for our own buns.

We do this mainly because of infection control as we can then scrub and disinfect the slabs between buns in runs, you obviously cant do this on grass.

Two of my buns are freerange - but Domino and Cookie have to be in a run because Domino has deformed feet. They were on grass but that was a nightmare because of digging and pooping so now they're on concrete. I have to keep an eye on Domino's feet because the way they are, he could potentially develop sore patches, so to minimise this, Ive put some rubber tiles, similar to those in childrens playgrounds. These are softer on his feet than concrete and, although I did initially worry about them chewing the tiles, they dont and the tiles are too thick and too strong to be chewed anyway. I got them from Homebase and were about six quid each and seem to do the job:D

My garden bunnies are rather spoilt :oops: they have a large covered run (28ft x 8ft) which they have constant access too. So to ensure it is fox proof they are on paving slabs. They are great for cleaning too, I sweep up everyday and jet wash twice a month.
I have large trays of grass planted up which get changed every couple of days, along with tubs of edible plants which are swapped as needed.

Hi :wave:

My outside run is on concrete with rubber matting over concrete (dillon suffers with sore hocks), then they have a catflap to inside the garage where their dog crate is sat on vetbed and carpet underneath to stop the cold of the concrete coming through in winter, with straw in dogcrate and just rubber matting again in the additional fenced off area.

Lian x

Back