• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do i do??? UD Wed PM - help??

Run could be good. Just bear in mind that if it is a lightweight one then she may be able to pull it up or drag it around - you may need to secure it somehow.
Bowl, bottle etc all fine :D
I would just put some litter or newspaper or whatever you use in the tray then fill it up with lots of hay to encourage her to sit in it. Then put down lota of paper on the floor :lol: And rememeber that does can spray upwrads too - especially unspeyed ones :shock: :lol:
Good luck!

oh dear god - stupid q coming up - what do u mean they can spey upwards - keeping her in the kitchen or dinning room would not be so gd then. IS there anything else i should know about a doe?

I dont think i am going to sleep tonight now!!! Its exciting and also scary!

I just hope she gets back to us first thing and lets us know for definet what we are doing! May try and get a vets appointment for tommorrow afternoon for her to get a once over and vaccinations done if they need doing - gd idea??

Maybe i should get her to pay for it and the speying!!! :lol:

Sue
xx

Dobbin said:
oh dear god - stupid q coming up - what do u mean they can spey upwards - keeping her in the kitchen or dinning room would not be so gd then. IS there anything else i should know about a doe?

I dont think i am going to sleep tonight now!!! Its exciting and also scary!

I just hope she gets back to us first thing and lets us know for definet what we are doing! May try and get a vets appointment for tommorrow afternoon for her to get a once over and vaccinations done if they need doing - gd idea??

Maybe i should get her to pay for it and the speying!!! :lol:

Sue
xx

I just mean that they can wee out at an angle, not just down at the floor IYKWIM! So you could get spray up walls etc but they don't all do it! Just don't put her next to any antique furniture! :lol:
Getting vaccs started ASAP is a good plan and obviously the sooner she is speyed the better.
How excited are you?!!

I am excited but also apprehensive - so much to think about!!!!

We dont even know what breed she is!!

Sue
xx

Mabel runs around at full pelt kicking her legs up and weeing at the same time, same effect as a male spraying.

She does it everytime we put her in the run and its always the first thing she does. We have to put her down and stand well back!

Dobbin said:
http://www.petsathome.com/invt/14490

I know this is not the best place in the world but what about this? Please be honest? Thougt she could maybe have this in the run?

Sue
xx

That is a bit small unless she's a very small bun, more suitable for guineapigs as it's not very tall. If she's free ranging in a run I'd perhaps get her a carrier or hooded cat loo to hide in rather than a cage. If she's not free ranging I got the biggest cage in P@H for Pippa which is about £70, cheaper in zooplus, however now I know more I'd have gone for a dog crate and they take up less room for storage once she's hopefully living with Dobbin.

I brought Pippa home to no cage or anything for a few nights :roll: so I rigged up a run on lino which worked fine except for wee which seeped out onto the living room floor so I rushed out and bought a cage for her as soon as I could. It didn't take long before she used a litter tray though.

Sue the Rabbit 100 is very small and would be of no use afterwards so it's a waste of £29. At least with the panels or dog crate, you'd be able to re-use them later if needed.

hope you got through and of course we want updates - a lot of people are following this with intrest :) Good luck

Thank you for your responses - i was unsure of the size so thank you for helping me. I have panels to make a run with - what about if i got something like a cat wigwam bed - material though the ones i have seen. I also have Dobbins old carry case which is fine i just brought him a bigger one!! (Spolit bun!!) She will have a litter tray, food, water, toys and a hay bowl in there - would this be ok? I dont want her to be able to jump on the box and then out the run!!! I go back t work tommorrow!!!

She still has not answered our text - i cant leave untila bout 2 because i have to wait fr some deliviries!!!

I got hardly no sleep last night!

Sue
xx

Sounds like your set up will be fantastic for her!

My house bun is just free range with a cat carrier filled with hay as a bed, plus a litter corner (she stopped weeing in the tray and did it at the side of it instead :? ).

Looking forward to piccies!

Kate x

oooohhh!

How excited are you!

Sometimes you dont get a choice on which rabbit you get, all 3 of mine I did not have a choice. My bonded pair were not my first choice another family chose the doe I had chosen to bond with a male bunster, so I compromised with an already bonded pair and my single bun came from a friend who had had enough of him.

You'll have to let us know what she's like.

Best wishes!

Back