• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do i do??? UD Wed PM - help??

A cardboard box? :censored:

i think you are doing the right thing Sue, you are rescuing her from what sounds like a horrible place....and from being PTS! If the lady does ever change her mind just tell her shes not having the bunn back!

i think the conservatory would be fine :thumb:

Perhaps it might be easier to look upon it as fostering her? Then if it works out then she could stay, and if not you can find her another home. Either way you have helped her, well done x

Think of it as a foster scenario for now, that way you wont be heartbroken if it dosnt work and you need to rehome her. If she can stay then consider it a bonus, either way you will be helping her no end. Good luck

X

I think a conservatory would be ok at this time of year too. As for what to house the bunny in, I have made cages for my buns out of shelving units from argos (abit like american NIC condo's)

Here's a pic of Twix's cage:

IMG_7081.jpg

I basically took 1 1/2 packs of the shelving and some cable ties, althought to be honest, she hardly ever uses the upper level, she is a lazy girl :lol:

wow - it has just dawned on me - this time tommorrow i could be going from a one rabbit family to a two rabbit family!!!

How exciting!

We still dont know for defiet if she wants us to have her we are waiting for her to contact us back - although i am assuming she does!

Sue
xx

Bathrooms make good temporary accomodation as there isn't usually much to eat - leave the loo lid down tho ;)

A conservatory should be fine this time of year :)

I can't imagine the conservatory will get too hot in winter. Especially since the bunny is used to being indoors. I agree with what someone else said - you will need to say there is no changing her mind once the bunny is yours, she's yours.

Get a thermometer :) My buns cope with 25-30 degree outside in summer and if your conservatory is getting that hot I'm jealous!

Tam

i am very excited but also very apprehensive firstly what should i put her in to bring her home - would Dobbins box be ok? Carrier thing i mean and what do i get to put her in when here - ho knows the cheapest thing that i can get tommorrow!!!?????

Is dobbin gonna get upset if he can smell her on us?

Sue
xx
Sorry to be a pain and keeping asking things i have never done this before!

Oooh so is this going to happen? Dobbin's box will be OK, and I'm sure he is going to be very curious about the new girlie, but he shouldn't get too overworked :D If I remember right, he's neutered? Then all should be good :D

Leah xx

Trip and Malibu didnt get upset when they could smell Scarlett. And mine all use the same carrier and dont go crazy because they can smell each other or anything. You could always disinfect it :D

Not sure what the cheapest thing would be. Maybe a crate?

How rabbit proof is your conservatory? Cheapest option would be freerange with a box/carrier to sleep in and a baby gate on the doorway if you need it.

You could try your vet tommorow, they may have a spare cage. I borrowed a dog crate of mine for a bunny once. Ditto if you have a rescue nearby.

Tam

How much are you looking at spending? I`d say a dog crate is a good idea, nice and spacious and you can fold it up and put it away when you don`t need it. Also comes in handy if bunny is poorly and you need to bring him in the house. :wink:
I got mine from argos, cost about £40.

Su.x

I have that crate too but our petshop sells proper indoor bunny cages for the same price.

We originally got ours for a dog but it has come in very handy, esp. with keeping neutered or sick bunnies in while they recover.

Dobbin said:
All elp is hugely appreciated with Bonding - it would obviusoly be easier if they bonded - i dont think i could let a bun go once i am used to her!!! (Does that sound stupid?)

Not at all - I feel exactly the same way!
Squidgy came to me unexpectedly (he'd been left in the garden when his old owners moved) and he spent the first night in a rather small hutch outside, which was far from ideal, but at least he was safe, fed and watered! So, if you don't get good accommodation sorted out for a couple of days, it doesn't really matter, as the bun will be safe.
Good luck with her.

Thank you so much everybody - i will keep you all updated through this thread rather than starting another one! That is if you wan updates? As yet she is still not answering us as to whether she definetly wants us to have her or not! OH and i are about to embark on a "serious" conversation as to where we house her and what in!!!

Sue
xx

P.S Just had a thought - Dobbin has another run - metal fence type things which we make a shape out of for him to go into when we have to bring him in - would that be ok? No top to it comes to about waist height!! Also please remind me of basics of litter training cos i have a feeling she won't be!! Is it ok to give her a clean litter tray of Dobbins and clean food and water bowls and bottles?

Back