• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are we building today?

The den (with holes) is just half an old divan base. Cut ply to side to cover the top & sides. Cut in the circles using a jigsaw.
We just used small 30mm nails to fix the boards to the ready made frame from the old divan base. (Just ripped off all the fabric covering). Topped with carpet tiles cheap from B&Q.

The step is made from chip board and some square posts (can't remember the name of it). It's simply a 10 x 10 piece of wood cut to 23cm height.

4 of these "posts" then nail the sides and top to them to create a box shape.
All again with 30mm nails.
Topped again with carpet tiles.

I hope I explained this okay? I can have it all in my head but explaining it is difficult :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! Your instructions are great![emoji3]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Jealous! :D

Oh, how I recognise that sound...! XD Do they give you the 'what, nothing happened!' look as well?! [emoji38]
They kinda give me the look of 'mum, what the hell? I haven't been able to get to my oat grass all night even though I routinely jump higher than where it is.'

Completely uninteresting but this is the other thing I done... it's taken this long to get it painted fully so it'll be water tight.

The girls don't use the house that's built into the run and just sit under the mesh when it rains for shelter so I've blocked some off. (Also stops the cat seeing them in there from the fence)

5d5edbdddf61d74d041c8f42e0b7b624.jpg

44db10e3f9f92f2683f4a4e616c74aaf.jpg

Just to apologise for the boring picture...

b9e4632c613599504515e308209c612a.jpg

Phoebe doing her yoga in the garden

That is a great yoga pose! Like the idea of a partly covered run. Good one. Not boring at all btw.

Back