• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are my rights? I dont want to give him back! U/D hes gone :o(

Keep this rabbit. They sound awful.

I know. The law isn't on my side though so it is out of my hands now. My Mum and O/H backed me up in what I was saying to him in a hope that he would listen. The kids will get bored like they all do and I hope then it isnt too late and they will give me a call.

If the rabbit escapes again get the neighbours to phone the RSPCA and complain that they are sick of trying to catch this rabbit as it is always escaping at least the owners would get a visit:)

If the rabbit escapes again get the neighbours to phone the RSPCA and complain that they are sick of trying to catch this rabbit as it is always escaping at least the owners would get a visit:)

my sister wont do this and i am not sure of another neighbour who will, the family have a great background of trouble and prison sentences, this is what is so frustrating. My mum says she doesn't want trouble brought onto this family because they are a nasty bit of work. I find myself in a very tough situation.:?

If he turns up again hand him into the local RSPCA, let them know that if no-one claims him after the 7 days you want to adopt him and you'll get him back neutered and vaccinated and legally yours! (For a donation of course-our Rspca charges £27, which is less than we spend on a family takeaway which is how I look at it-a neutered bun is much more for your pennies!) If they do happen to go to the RSPCA looking for him, I think they would have to pay a fee to get him back-although I'm not positive about this-but if they really don't care that much about him they'll probably leave him where he is and you can rescue him without breaking the law!

If he turns up again hand him into the local RSPCA, let them know that if no-one claims him after the 7 days you want to adopt him and you'll get him back neutered and vaccinated and legally yours! (For a donation of course-our Rspca charges £27, which is less than we spend on a family takeaway which is how I look at it-a neutered bun is much more for your pennies!) If they do happen to go to the RSPCA looking for him, I think they would have to pay a fee to get him back-although I'm not positive about this-but if they really don't care that much about him they'll probably leave him where he is and you can rescue him without breaking the law!

not sure about this, the family might see him and think u have stitched them up they don`t seem like the sort of people u want to cross..:shock::shock:

what are my rights?Idont want to give him back U/D he,s gone.

If he escapes again then tell them that you found the remains of a bunny in your garden and that it had been eaten by a fox:shock:say how sorry you are but that is what usually happens when a bun is allowed to roam:cry:It,s a LIE:oops: but it will probably save that bun,s life as sooner or later that is what is going to happen:cry: Agree that it is better to have the bun taken to a "safe" house where they are not loikely to look for it:cry:

If he escapes again then tell them that you found the remains of a bunny in your garden and that it had been eaten by a fox:shock:say how sorry you are but that is what usually happens when a bun is allowed to roam:cry:It,s a LIE:oops: but it will probably save that bun,s life as sooner or later that is what is going to happen:cry: Agree that it is better to have the bun taken to a "safe" house where they are not loikely to look for it:cry:

We're naughty;):oops::lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes the law is an ass. Sometimes you have to know a little and do a lot if that makes sense ;) Out of sight out of mind etc etc

Oh dear - poor bunny. I think the best you can hope to do in this situation is try to befriend the people. You don't want to drop your sister in it if the family are trouble. Hopefully if the people get to like and trust you, you can keep an eye on the bunny and if they get sick of him/her escaping or the kids get bored, they will give the bunny to you. It's complicated by the possibility of the rabbit escaping and something happening to it out of your control and these people blaming you if the rabbit goes into someone else's garden other than your sisters and disappears. Tricky situation - bite your lip and bide your time.

good plan ;):lol::oops:

The only problem with that plan is that they might simply replace the bun with another then the escape-cycle will start all over again with another poor bun suffering :(

Hopefully, they will come to reason at some point...

Emma

Back