• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet feet

Well this is what I would do

I'd remove Grace and one other (as a companion) from the group.

I'd bleach clean as many floor surfaces as possible, even if it means having to confine everyBun to crates whilst you do so.

I'd put ALL Rabbits onto a 28 day course of Fenbendazole, doing the repeated bleach cleaning on days 21 and 28 of treatment.

Even if it is 'too late' to prevent cross infection of EC it is not too late for attempting some damage limitation and prevention of dermatological problems.

I'd also weigh Grace every other day. 3 consecutive losses and I'd be back at the Vets requesting diagnostics- Full Blood Profile to check liver/kidney function, urinalysis to check for signs of infection, uroliths etc.

xx

Well this is what I would do

I'd remove Grace and one other (as a companion) from the group.

I'd bleach clean as many floor surfaces as possible, even if it means having to confine everyBun to crates whilst you do so.

I'd put ALL Rabbits onto a 28 day course of Fenbendazole, doing the repeated bleach cleaning on days 21 and 28 of treatment.

Even if it is 'too late' to prevent cross infection of EC it is not too late for attempting some damage limitation and prevention of dermatological problems.

I'd also weigh Grace every other day. 3 consecutive losses and I'd be back at the Vets requesting diagnostics- Full Blood Profile to check liver/kidney function, urinalysis to check for signs of infection, uroliths etc.

xx

Thanks Jane, is Fenbendazole better than Panacur?

Ruby is missing the boys bless her, Henry is over the moon to have a little friend though:love:

Poor Grace I hope she starts to improve very soon, there is one thing though the piece of :censored: that had her before wouldnt have even noticed anything wrong with her, her teeth were a fine example of that! Im glad she has you nicola :D xx

Thanks Kayleigh xxx

Fenbendazole is Panacur :)

If you buy the Panacur 10% Liquid it works out MUCH more economical than using the Panacur Paste or Lapizole (another Brand, same active ingredient)

You can buy the Panacur 10% Liquid here

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-and-cat-...nacur-10-100ml-liquid-for-cats-and-dogs-p-175

and the dose rate is 0.2ml/kg/day

oh right :oops: thank you Jane that's really helpful :) I'll discuss it with my vet I'm 99% sure this was going to be his next course of action anyway as he was thinking along the same lines because of her coat condition. I think I might keep Grace alone for now as I don't want to put any of the others at risk and don't want to split one healthy bun from the others. There's not one bunny she's particularly close to or anything like that she gets on well with all of them.

oh right :oops: thank you Jane that's really helpful :) I'll discuss it with my vet I'm 99% sure this was going to be his next course of action anyway as he was thinking along the same lines because of her coat condition. I think I might keep Grace alone for now as I don't want to put any of the others at risk and don't want to split one healthy bun from the others. There's not one bunny she's particularly close to or anything like that she gets on well with all of them.

What is her fecal output like ? Any history of diarrhoea ?

My other thought would be coccidiosis (Hepatic) especially given what you say about her coat.

Does she drink alot ?

What is her fecal output like ? Any history of diarrhoea ?

My other thought would be coccidiosis (Hepatic) especially given what you say about her coat.

Does she drink alot ?

Her poos really stand out against the others', they are very small and a dark-brown that looks almost black. She has no history of diarrhoea that I know of, she used to leave caecotrophs and have soft stools but I think that was dietary when we first got her.

Her coat is very dull and falls out in clumps, it matts around her bum very easily, it was a little bit flaky a few days ago but it seems to have cleared up (think it was the treatment for mites etc the vet gave her).

Her poos really stand out against the others', they are very small and a dark-brown that looks almost black. She has no history of diarrhoea that I know of, she used to leave caecotrophs and have soft stools but I think that was dietary when we first got her.

Her coat is very dull and falls out in clumps, it matts around her bum very easily, it was a little bit flaky a few days ago but it seems to have cleared up (think it was the treatment for mites etc the vet gave her).

Thats the same as Lola's and she has 5/6 types of hay every day:(

Yes she is :wave: Kayleigh's bun Lola is her sister though (from a different litter) and she still has her teeth. (We should go on Jeremy Kyle this is all getting a bit confusing :lol:)

Well Incisorless Buns generally need to be groomed daily as they cannot groom themselves as efficiently. Hence their coat can become very dull and they often get mites.

I have found this to be a good grooming aid for Buns with poor coat condition and dry flakey skin

http://www.forever-living.uk.com/products/aloe-veterinary-formula.html

Has she had her molars checked recently ?

Yes she is :wave: Kayleigh's bun Lola is her sister though (from a different litter) and she still has her teeth. (We should go on Jeremy Kyle this is all getting a bit confusing :lol:)

:lol::lol:

Jane Lola has mixed health problems, Grace is now producing lots of different health problems, Im not surprised in any way as there was no history on the parents and the mother and father were used to produce rabbits to make money:( "housing" if thats what you could call it was truely shocking no bigger than half a foot which was a "suitable" cage for their mother:cry:

Well Incisorless Buns generally need to be groomed daily as they cannot groom themselves as efficiently. Hence their coat can become very dull and they often get mites.

I have found this to be a good grooming aid for Buns with poor coat condition and dry flakey skin

http://www.forever-living.uk.com/products/aloe-veterinary-formula.html

Has she had her molars checked recently ?

Thank you. The others are constantly grooming her but I do want to explore all options with her because of her breeding background.

Yes that was one of the first things the vet did :wave:

Back