• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welfare hutch connection kit - help - all sorted!

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I have rung and emailed them but no response yet. I have done the cladding kit (big hole and little hole with two semi circles to clamp onto the pipe) but when I get to the mesh the pipe doesnt go through the little hole so ... do I only use one plate (the big hole) and the two clamps (semi circular plates) or what?

I realise that this will sound like double dutch to anyone who hasnt had one of these kits.

I am urgently in need of help as I have cut the mesh and dont have a way of properly blocking off the hole!!!

If anyone has connected a shed (or hutch) to a mesh run PLEASE tell me what to do. Many thanks.

Eta that the shed and run are very close together (a few inches apart) but I have got a four foot pipe as I reakoned that the wabbits would have fun whizzing through it.

Eta the welfare hutch company have rung back and said we can use the big template for outside the mesh run and just the two semi circles for the inside - phew.

Last edited:
Glad that's sorted then ! I've recently done a runaround setup for mine, and got in a total mess trying to fit the "doors" on. Once you know it's easy. Hope buns enjoy themselves :D

They havent been up the pipe yet. I have left some grass in the shed for when they do go up!

I put Sunshine into the shed and he did go down the pipe (wasnt impressed with being picked up). He then sat and washed himself for AGES!

Autumn noticed me picking up her boy and hid under the hutch until I went away!!!

I do hope they learn soon. I have a lovely clear tarp over their run for rainy days and they have the hutch but I will be a lot happier when they can escape to the sancuary of their shed (well, part of shed. The rest is packed with my stuff - trying to be a minimalist but very attached to all my things so will go through them at my leisure without having to live amongst clutter).

They are both happily using them now! Its so sweet to see them cuddled together in the shed just by the entrance to the pipe xx

Well done to Lopsy :D

Back