• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have a poorly lodger bunny who'd like some vibes please U/D post 66

You know you would always be welcome but make sure Steve is in or all you will get is a glass of water ;)

It's lucky I like water. ;):lol::lol:

This little chap has been in my thoughts-just wondering how hes doing?

He's still hanging in there, thanks for asking. :love: The photo below (just for Susan ;)) is from Thursday and there's a huge difference in his face already now lots of the nasty crusting has come off. He was hopping about last night and ended up toppling right over onto his back & struggled to get up :( but I think he was just trying to do too much too soon. Once he righted himself he seemed fine and he's been in the crate with lots of rolled up towels to help support him.

He is such an easy bunny to handle and seems very happy around us humans; I do wonder whether he was well-loved at some point, or if he's just a laid back bunny or too poorly to have the energy to escape. All the kids love him and I have to give my eldest daughter most of the credit for taking care of him & she's doing a grand job.

Awww..hello good lookin' :wave:
Sorry just had to sneak a peek at the photo, even if it was earmarked for Susan. :D
He is adorable. Sweet wee chap. I just love little black bunnies. :love:
Many more vibes for him to make a complete and swift recovery. xxxx

How lovely that your daughter is helping out. :) Always great to have another pair of hands. :thumb:

I'm sure Susan won't mind you looking. ;):lol: :D Being black makes him so hard to get a decent photo of but I will keep trying. :lol:

My daughter's training to be a vet nurse so he's in very good hands. :love:

Thank you! :love::wave:

He's looking so much better, and the pink towel sets of his black fur beautifully. He has landed on his paws to be recieving such good care after whatever bad experience caused him to get into such a state.

I would love to stroke his wee head. Found my hand reaching out to the screen there! :oops:

The pink suits him, doesn't it, Susan. :love: :lol:

Liz, the skin underneath all the yukky crust is lovely and hopefully his fur will grow back really quickly now. :love: When it started coming off I was dreading what was going to be underneath tbh. :mrgreen: Most of the crust left on isn't actually attached to the skin, it's just all caked round the fur. He's grooming lots though and hopefully most should come off of its own accord now it's loose.

He's doing so well, and yes I really do think he suits a pink background. :love: I hope there is a nice selection of pink towels and blankets at Rainbow Rabbits.

Just a quick update. Taz is looking so much better already but still has a way to go.

His face fur is growing back nicely but the rest of him still feels like he needs a really good brush even though we've been doing it every day. He hasn't had any more seizures & is getting stronger; he's now able to lift both his front paws off the ground to groom himself without toppling over but is still wobbly on his back legs and one of them seems to turn in at a funny angle.

He's going back to the vet on Monday for a check up and, all being well, he should be going to Liz and Steve in a couple of weeks time.

Anyway, enough chat - can you see the difference already? :love:

I've only just seen this thread, but adding (((((((((((vibes)))))))) for Taz and glad he's feeling & looking loads better xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks so much better, what a difference! I'm so glad he is feeling better and getting stronger. Come on Taz, keep it up xxx

This little man came in to a local vet on Saturday as a stray after being found wandering the streets. :cry:

He had a seizure last night :( so has now also been to see a lovely exotics vet who's giving him a course of steroids which should help with all his issues & he's been stable since then. He's got ear drops for the mites and is also on panacur for the ec. Despite all he's been through he's quite bright and is eating really well so we're hopeful he has a fighting chance.

He's not the most attractive man right now, bless him, but that just makes him all the more lovable to us. So, yes, as title if you could keep this man in your thoughts it would be appreciated. :love:

Did the vet recommend the steroids to help with his seizure and possible e.c.? I have a bun who's had a seizure and I haven't been able to get any advice on what to do! My vet hasn't come across this sort of thing before so I'm trying to research ...

Thanks for any advice :D

Back