• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wabbit Wednesday - Little Bunny Questions that you've been Pondering

Yes, my understanding is they can, but how much is too much depends on the veg and the rabbit.

I think it'd be too much if it upsets their digestion, or stops them eating enough hay / grass? Mine can't have much at all but they've had ongoing issues for a while that make them more sensitive. I know high calcium veg needs to be watched if they have bladder issues too. I guess if they were overweight it would be something to look at and maybe reduce as well.

Thanks for answers. Thought that would be the case with veg. Keep seeing that they should have lots of leafy greens, but it seems that leafy greens (spring greens, cabbage etc) make them gassy! Will stick to herbs and bunny safe branches from the garden I think! Although they are not overweight and don't seem to have any issues with my current regime :D

I have one, maybe best in health though I'm not sure...

Ellie's fur on her chin hasn't grown back after her last dental, will it grow back? It was a few months ago now.

Has she moulted since? Rabbit's fur doesn't grow continuously so sometimes it can take a moult before any new fur comes through :)

My question is behaviour related.

Sometimes when Barney is lying down Chloe will go and dig at him which forces him to get up.

Any ideas why she would do this?

She might want his attention but it could also be a dominance thing, making another bun move out the way is a subtle way of reinforcing the message 'I am the boss'.

I have one, maybe best in health though I'm not sure...

Ellie's fur on her chin hasn't grown back after her last dental, will it grow back? It was a few months ago now.

Maddie's hair took about 3 times longer (about 5 months I think!) than Millie's to grow back after their spay and it grew back suddenly like one week she was bald and then she just wasn't!

Last edited:
I've got a silly question that's not quite rabbit related but... those who use newspaper in the litter trays do you ever find yourself spotting someone in the paper and thinking what a perfect person for my rabbits to wee on?? :lol:

Oh Yes, Oh Yes....everyday!!!! :thumb:

My question is behaviour related.

Sometimes when Barney is lying down Chloe will go and dig at him which forces him to get up.

Any ideas why she would do this?

Is Chloe the boss? Maddie does this sometimes and will then take the spot where Millie was lay! :roll:

...Following on with my reply to the 'newspaper in litter trays' question:

Yes

Or turning the page if I think it's inappropriate for them to read!

That tooo...I don't want my bunnies anywhere near a murderer or violent people X

Last edited:
Where should i post my winter prep / housing photos?

Wabbit Wednesday winter prep / housing photos and stories.....

Where should I post them?
Here or in Photos and Stories?
Ta! x

Last edited:
if i want to build something to go in my rabbit shed (like a box) what wood is safe and easily found? i'm always so nervous as fern is a big chewer

My question is regarding claw-clipping. Do they always need to be clipped? My boys claws look fine but they do lots of running around on paving and a wooden deck. Is this keeping their claws worn down?

When it's my daughters turn to clean litter trays I'll often go outside and find her with her nose burried in the newspaper, bunnies and litter trays forgotten! :roll: :lol:

I have never had to cut Louie's claws and I have had him for 5 years!

Wabbit Wednesday winter prep / housing photos and stories.....

Where should I post them?
Here or in Photos and Stories?
Ta! x

Feel free to start your own thread in stories and photos - that way they won't get lost in the questions :)

I have never had to cut Louie's claws and I have had him for 5 years!

wow that's amazing and interesting too. Every time I have taken Mr Bennett to the vets and that is quite a few times a year, I am amazed they have never needed trimming either. In three years I have only trimmed a few claws twice.

Why do we always say that Rabbits do not like heights, yet given half a chance a Rabbit will climb up on to the most precarious shelf in the house and gaze down at his/her kingdom ? I guess it's not so much heights that they dont like, it's more that they don't like the actual act of being picked up :?

I will be tacking this in the RWA Housing talk! Some wildies actually climb trees!!!!

I will be tacking this in the RWA Housing talk! Some wildies actually climb trees!!!!

Scamp would given the opportunity, he climbs everything else :lol:

I think there is a difference between climbing - being in control of where and how high, and being plucked off the floor and 'flying' through the air without feet on solid ground or control of the landing.

I always think about when I have kids, what I will tell them about the rabbits and how to handle them?

Obviously the rabbits would be older then. *touch wood* they will still be healthy and happy. When any children are babies they obviously won't know any better but I still want any children I have to ''know'' the rabbits well.

It'll be an adventure figuring it all out. I'm hoping any children I have will love bunnies as much as I do and know about their proper care!

I watched a really good video once which I post on pet selling sites on facebook, in groups and in lots of other places! Its called ''Are rabbits good pets for a child?'' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZOvUKyeR6A

I just think its very informative and sometimes a video made by an actual rabbit vet might convince someone more than me just saying ''that's not a good idea''

Anyone else think its a good video? Or not?

I love all these videos, watched them all and think they're great! They've gotten me through some novice times; before I was introduced to RU of course 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is about grooming. Poor Buttons always seems to be the one grooming + Bella rarely reciprocates.How is he likely to feel? Is it typical?

I've got a silly question that's not quite rabbit related but... those who use newspaper in the litter trays do you ever find yourself spotting someone in the paper and thinking what a perfect person for my rabbits to wee on?? :lol:

:lol: Yes!! I get my newspapers donated to me from family as I don't read the paper, but I often get engrossed in a story while I'm cleaning litter trays!

Back