• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

virkon???

Well personally I'm utterly confused as to what the condition actually is! :? E Coli is a bacteria, which is found in faeces, including human. It's not a virus. Coccidia are protozoa.

snowy,i dont even have continental giants?????i only have french lops. secondly,the vet said it is probably caused by her being young and her immune system still being low and the illness she has is caused by the e coli virus.they are cleaned out everyday and ar ein 5ft hutchs so i dont know where youve got hygeine n overcrowding from?alls i asked for was how i could get rid of any germs in the hutch not for anothser slanging match.i have brought a bucket of virkon so will use that.

For french lops yes 5ft is small and overcrowded with one in, is this one of your new breeding babies?

thats the size i was told by another vet.believe it or not she isnt one of my breeding does.she is only 12wks and is more the kids pet.the vet thinks that the move could of upset her abit.im doing my best for her n hope she pulls through.x

thats the size i was told by another vet.believe it or not she isnt one of my breeding does.she is only 12wks and is more the kids pet.the vet thinks that the move could of upset her abit.im doing my best for her n hope she pulls through.x

unfortunatly french lops are large breeds often classified as giants...they really do need a double 6ft hutch or a shed with attatched run on either or both. if you look on rspca recoomendations its now reccomended a 6x2x2ft hutch for even smaller breeds. so overcrowding could be the cause? im not too sure about e coli bacteria but i do know humans can get it. i hope the bun pulls through and definatly isolate this bun from others .

snowy,i dont even have continental giants?????i only have french lops. secondly,the vet said it is probably caused by her being young and her immune system still being low and the illness she has is caused by the e coli virus.they are cleaned out everyday and ar ein 5ft hutchs so i dont know where youve got hygeine n overcrowding from?alls i asked for was how i could get rid of any germs in the hutch not for anothser slanging match.i have brought a bucket of virkon so will use that.

I can't believe you are going down this road again:shock: and if you haven't got a giant why is there one in this thread? http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=133290&page=3
I'm sorry Kim - I hoped you had turned over a new leaf, especially after the help you received rehoming your other rabbits when they could have had myxi:roll:

Back