• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinnie is here!!!! (Update!Ive moved them into there pen!)

I'm not sure how big your cage is but could you fit the pet carrier inside it? When i bonded Ben & Misty i couldn't sleep near them and so upon advice from the rescue put one in the pet carrier and the other left in the hutch so they could see each other. Then in the morning put both in carrier took on car journey and then home again to cage minus pet carrier.

I have to say i didn't like leaving the bun in the carrier overnight but they were fine and had food hay and water. I did it for 2 nights alternating the buns.

I'm not sure how big your cage is but could you fit the pet carrier inside it? When i bonded Ben & Misty i couldn't sleep near them and so upon advice from the rescue put one in the pet carrier and the other left in the hutch so they could see each other. Then in the morning put both in carrier took on car journey and then home again to cage minus pet carrier.

I have to say i didn't like leaving the bun in the carrier overnight but they were fine and had food hay and water. I did it for 2 nights alternating the buns.

I dont really want to do that:? I will be fine on the sofa did it for 3 nights with Dandy and Truffles:lol:
I dont think Vinnie is used to other rabbits he seems very scared of Miffy:(

I would leave them together overnight and not separate them, they are doing fine, just leave them to their own devises and they will slowly sort themselves out.

How come one minute lots of chasing stamping gunting,the next both lying next to each other with Miffy licking his head for 5 mins!

Well we had a bit of chasing untill 2am then nothing really,untill 6am when Miffy was grooming him for about 15mins he doesnt do it back though:?
The problem is food i think Vinnie was starved before because he goes mad for it he starts grunting stamping squeeking he doesnt want to share!
I have lots to do this morning but have a feeling im not going to get much done with watching these two!

Oh it sounds like it is going very well though :D:D:D

Maybe when feeding, use two separate bowls at opposite ends of the cage, hopefully will distract them from wanting to fight, worth a try?

Dont worry about vinnie not grooming back, when i bonded both Polo and Oscar and the benjamin and Opal, both boys would groom the girls, but the girls were not impressed at all, they just sat there, heads down.

Things have changed now and it is very much reciprocated :D

good luck x

I'd just leave them to it. It will take a few days for them to settle so there's no point wearing yourself out keeping watch!
You'll know if they start fighting but it sounds like they are getting on well anyway.

Ok thanks:)
Do you sleep with them or is it just me?

I only sleep with them if I feel that I cannot trust them. I havent had to for a while now.

Using the plastic trays they make lots of noise and I can hear them kicking off. I keep the doors open so I can hear them easily from where my bed is.

Well we had a bit of chasing untill 2am then nothing really,untill 6am when Miffy was grooming him for about 15mins he doesnt do it back though:?
The problem is food i think Vinnie was starved before because he goes mad for it he starts grunting stamping squeeking he doesnt want to share!
I have lots to do this morning but have a feeling im not going to get much done with watching these two!

I tend not to use bowls when bonding, I sprinkle food which allows any of the buns to get hold of it.

Yes ive been doing that,but as soon as he smells the food he starts

They will settle. Try and get on with some of the jobs you need to do but just keep an ear out for them. They will often behave differently if they are not being watched.

What shall i do about cleaning them out?

Take out the dirty bits and just leave the rest. A little bit of mess will not harm them. It is better to leave them alone as much as possible and allow them to sort themselves out, afterall there is nothing worse than meeting a prospective partner and having your parents hanging about ;)

Back