• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Will please -very poorly *Positive update #36*

How is Will doing now ? x

Thanks for asking Jane.:love:

He is much brighter this morning- even tried to fight off the Baytril syringe. Thankfully he likes Panacur and Metacam.

He still has a head tilt and is rather wobbly but we haven't noticed any rolling.

He is eating on his own so haven't had to do much syringe feeding.

We have totally rearranged their setup and taken out the ramps and hop ups for the time being. They have a 'carpet' of a lovely thick vet bed and lots of snuggle safes.

I'm an absolute mess though - crying as I can't bear to see him like this and actually hating that he sits quietly on me at medicine time. I would much rather he was scrapping at me to get down.:cry:

Nancy is being brilliant- grooming him, letting him lean on her and even ignoring food when we were hand feeding him yesterday and Tuesday. This is totally alien to Nancy as she is famous for being the groomee and usually barges him out of the way at food times.

He has a vet check this evening.xx

I’m glad he is doing ok considering, so sorry you are finding it so hard, which is understandable, it’s very difficult when they are ill :cry: topping up the vibes and hugs, I hope the vet visit goes well today xx

Thinking of you and Will. It is very hard, although it sounds as though he is coping well. Hope his vet check goes well.

So day 4 from diagnosis and Will is trying so hard to do his bunny thing. Today he has been grooming Nancy and trying so hard to beg for treats.

He had a vet check yesterday (mainly to check for GI Stasis and no other issues).

I'm feeling slightly more optimistic now and hope he continues to improve.

So day 4 from diagnosis and Will is trying so hard to do his bunny thing. Today he has been grooming Nancy and trying so hard to beg for treats.

He had a vet check yesterday (mainly to check for GI Stasis and no other issues).

Great progress.. It is also a relief when a bunny is trying to do normal things. It is like they are doing pt.

Progress may be slow, but it sounds as though Will is responding to treatment x

Will has responded very well to his treatment. He has a few days of Panacur left but vet suggested stopping antibiotics after 3 weeks which was good as it was a battle with Baytril.

He had a vet check last Thursday, produced some perfect golden round poops for Alex (vet), did his flying leap to escape and when we popped Will on the floor so Alex could see how he was moving, Will stood on his back legs and washed his face, so Alex was very pleased with his progress.

Will's not been as mobile as he used to be for a while, no fast sprints and not as many binkies. We don't know if this is/was neurological or arthritis, so we are going to keep him on Metacam for now and have another check up at the end of January.

I've posted a couple of pictures in the photos and stories section.

Will has responded very well to his treatment. He has a few days of Panacur left but vet suggested stopping antibiotics after 3 weeks which was good as it was a battle with Baytril.

He had a vet check last Thursday, produced some perfect golden round poops for Alex (vet), did his flying leap to escape and when we popped Will on the floor so Alex could see how he was moving, Will stood on his back legs and washed his face, so Alex was very pleased with his progress.

Will's not been as mobile as he used to be for a while, no fast sprints and not as many binkies. We don't know if this is/was neurological or arthritis, so we are going to keep him on Metacam for now and have another check up at the end of January.

I've posted a couple of pictures in the photos and stories section.

What a lovely update ! I am so pleased to hear that Will has responded well to his treatment :D

Back