• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Thurston Please UD p89 Bonding

:love: He is so lovely. Can we have piccies of Kevin too? He sounds like a right character. :lol:

I really hope that when the results come back, it is good news. :)

I love Thurston - he looks like a big furry teddy bear bunny like my Tully.
Great name too.

I've just seen this - how can you have pets for 4 years without naming them other than "the nice one" :evil: I'm guessing poor Kevin was "the not so nice one" (I'm being generous, although they don't deserve it :evil:) I don't like having a pet for more than a day or two without a name, I usually try and name them before I get them, it's just not right otherwise :evil:

Anyway, so glad Thurston's op went well and I really hope the lump is nothing sinister.

I saw your post about about donations. I don't have much spare cash floating around so I couldn't donate much unfortunately, but I can donate a little bit if that helps?

What cuties! I hope the lab results are good.

And it really is incredible that they didn't even get named. What is wrong with some people?!

a little donation towards Thurston's care sent today.

Hope he is well and making a good recovery, look forward to hearing more about him and seeing more pic's too.

Paul

I've taken some more pics and a video of Kevin so you can see what a monster he is. I'll upload them as soon as the camera battery charges up...

a little donation towards Thurston's care sent today.

Hope he is well and making a good recovery, look forward to hearing more about him and seeing more pic's too.

Paul

That's very kind :) Thank you xx

I've just seen this - how can you have pets for 4 years without naming them other than "the nice one" :evil: I'm guessing poor Kevin was "the not so nice one" (I'm being generous, although they don't deserve it :evil:) I don't like having a pet for more than a day or two without a name, I usually try and name them before I get them, it's just not right otherwise :evil:

Anyway, so glad Thurston's op went well and I really hope the lump is nothing sinister.

I saw your post about about donations. I don't have much spare cash floating around so I couldn't donate much unfortunately, but I can donate a little bit if that helps?

Every little helps :) Thank you xx

How did I miss this?! Sorry capt.Helen... :oops::( but I am soooooo pleased this beautiful boy is doing well... I know you hear this a lot (especially from me:oops:) but I think I'm in love with Thurston :shock: :lol: oh, he is gorgeous. If only... *sigh* nose rubs for this gorgeous pair! Xx

I keep falling in love with rabbits too!! Have to follow my head and say STOP AT SIX. Its mainly the cleaning out. Dont want it to become a nightmare. Rabbits are just so lovable.

Here's a video of Kevin showing what a little beast he is...

He would sit for hours like that, purring away :love: He's a bit more energetic than Thurston, and isn't keen on being picked up, but he loves strokes and attention so I don't know why he isn't "the nice one" :roll:

And one of him playing...

And some pics...

Tongue!

He's such a little cutie :love:

They are both gorgeous and hope Thurston does okay! How can you have pets for four years and not give them names? :cry:

Oh my gosh! :love: Kevin is an absolutely gorgeous bunny. He reminds me so much of Fiver! Typical norty little dutch boy. :love:

Awww :( I don't know why, but I want to cry at seeing these pictures of such a cute, friendly little bunny who has been unnamed all his life and unfairly called god knows what. :cry: I know it's not *as bad* as some bunnies and other animals who suffer terribly, but that's really gotten to me :( I will be donating as soon as I can (on my phone at work on lunch at present)

I've had Thurston's lab results, and it's not good :cry: It was a fibrosarcoma. What they didn't tell me was that when he was coming around from the GA they found two more tiny lumps, each 1mm, on his abdomen. So it has already spread.

This is what foster bun Marshall passed from a couple of years ago. I think there was about 3 weeks between the first lump appearing and it spreading to his lungs and brain :cry:

The vet I spoke to said the options would be to remove more of the tissue around the original lump and the other two lumps, but it would be tricky as there wasn't much more she could have removed safely, and doing nothing.

My feeling is that if it has already spread, then more lumps would appear even if we removed these. I haven't spoken to my usual vet yet though (he's not there today), and I don't know if anyone else has any ideas?

I'm devastated, it's just not fair :cry: This should have been the start of the great new life that he deserves :cry:

Oh no, poor little Thurston and what a cruel twist of fate - so unfair for such a cutie.:cry:

I love little Kevin too ( I love Dutch bunnies) I hope his neuter goes smoothly.

Im so sorry . Never experienced it in rabbits but our cat had it and was given two months to live after surgery that was nearly three years ago! So maybe there is some hope....?

Thank you. There's good news for Kevin tonight, he's just been reserved and will hopefully be bonded to a lovely little bun called Pebbles :D

Im so sorry . Never experienced it in rabbits but our cat had it and was given two months to live after surgery that was nearly three years ago! So maybe there is some hope....?

Thank you :) Maybe I shouldn't compare him to Marshall, perhaps Thurston's will be slower to spread. I have no idea how long he's had these lumps for, I'm just assuming they've appeared quickly as the previous owner said they hadn't noticed the big one. But they could be lying, and maybe that was why she sent her dad to deliver the buns so she didn't have to answer any questions about their health. The lump could have been there for months or years for all I know.

Is your cat on any treatment?

Back